Senior Staff Engineer - Approvals, Kohler Mira
A requirement to manage the approvals function within the support services area of New Product Development. This would involve the management of members of staff in the area and a definition of the direction of the approvals team.
The role would involve the management of Kohler, Rada and Mira approvals, both in terms of maintenance and new product introduction. It would also involve the link to the accredited laboratory facility and the management of the approvals team, utilising their skills appropriately. There will be a requirement to absorb new information and develop the people within the area. Development of this area is vital for the growth of the business and links to other areas of the business (including marketing, purchasing, product support, sales and customer service) is another aspect that will be required.
Kohler approvals will require attention and the planning of approvals requirements both for WRAS and TMV. Again, a transfer of knowledge will be required to gain an understanding of the processes involved and links to the manufacturing regions. It will also be a requirement to ensure that there is sufficient coverage for electrical approvals and some knowledge of this area will be required.
Management of staff and their development coupled with succession planning activities are a vital aspect to this role.
• Coordinate with relevant suppliers to ensure product approvals are obtained within agreed timescales and budgets
• Commitment to multifunctional project teams, providing advice, guidance and expertise. Work to ensure all samples and relevant information are available at the appropriate times to meet the above
• Work closely with colleagues to support existing and new approvals and to provide information and guidance to customers and overseas agents
• Maintain approval records, documentation and databases, liaising with Purchasing teams and external suppliers as necessary
• Monitor and input into developing standards and legislation to ensure that products remain at the forefront of innovation and excellence
• Review of proposed changes for approvals implications as mandatory signature. Gain acceptance as in-house certification body representative for this process
• Company and industry representation at Trade Associations, both within the UK and Europe
• Provide a link to ITC personnel and develop that area
• Work closely with all areas of the global business to ensure that approvals activities are cohesive and proactive
• Management of all staff
• Technical knowledge of all areas of responsibility
• The ability to develop people in all areas
• Degree qualification or equivalent
• Project Team experience
• Working knowledge of relevant standards
• Able to communicate effectively both with internal customers and external suppliers
• Organised and thorough
• Ability to work to deadlines and be reactive to changes in requirements
• Strong commitment to team working
• An awareness of the global commercial impact of approvals
Why Work at Kohler Mira?
People have been turning to us for bathroom products for over 90 years, a responsibility we don’t take lightly. In all of the businesses that make up Kohler Mira we are committed to designing innovative products that bring beauty, comfort and safety to life. Because of this we understand that it takes investment in our people and their development in order to deliver on that commitment and so, we invest heavily in each individual’s personal development in a variety of ways.
In addition to the investment in personal development, Kohler Mira offers a competitive salary, numerous wellbeing benefits and a strong involvement in Corporate Social Responsibility.
In the UK, Kohler Mira Ltd. is made up of three market leading brands; Mira Showers, Rada Controls and Kohler Company. Where our brands differ in market position they are equal in quality, each living up to the Kohler Company mission to live on the leading edge of design and technology and provide a single level of quality regardless of price.
Learn more about us, our brands and career opportunities at www.kohlermira.co.uk.
It is Kohler Mira’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified associates in all job classifications without prejudice. If, as an individual with a disability, you require adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.