We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Join the Advanced Product Development Team within the developer tools group at Arm and help us keep our developer tools at the cutting edge. The APD team are responsible for researching new technologies relevant to our products and investigating the impact of future CPU and systems technology on our compilers, debuggers, models and performance profiling tools. Team members typically undertake 3-6 month projects, working together or as part of a small team. Projects often require the team to quickly learn new technologies or programming languages and build prototypes of new ideas.
Recent projects are done by members of the team
- A fast GPU simulation tool, written in C++ and needing a good understanding of modelling techniques, GPUs and device drivers.
- A compiler that can generate CPU models from the specification. This project required learning the Scala language and working within the LLVM compiler codebase
- Building a firmware update compression tool. Creating this tool needed a deep understanding of the Elf file format and linker behaviour.
- A deep-dive into static code analysis tools, comparing different technologies and evaluating them against our products.
- Excellent C and C++
- Familiarity with functional programming
- Some knowledge of compiler construction
- A basic understanding of emulators, CPU models or JIT Compilers
- A passion for learning new technologies, tools and programming languages
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work individually or with the team
You will be educated to degree level or have an equivalent level of industry experience.
- Previous experience being responsible for a significant piece of functionality
- An understanding of CPU architecture
- Experience using assembly language
This position is situated in our Manchester office which hosts diverse teams from across Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps