Job Title:Senior Software Engineer (Embedded)
Location:Aberdeenor North SomersetOffice
Undertake thedefinition, development, testing and modification of software products in support of the company’s research and development activities and commercial deliveries. Produce technical documentation in accordance with company procedures. Provide support and mentoring to less experienced Software Developers/Engineers.
Define and develop software products and solutions to customer requirements.
Generate software product/system design documentation in accordance with company procedures, including (but not limited to) specifications, test procedures, block diagrams, schematics, manuals, Application Programming Interface(API) or any other documentation required for deliverables.
Provide verbal and written progress reports to all levels of management within the business.
Support Agile software developmentprocesses as part of the development team.
Generate and agree project specifications, budgets and timescales with internal and external customers (as appropriate).
Coordinate, plan and manage testing and commissioning, both on and off-site.
Work cross-functionally with other departments to co-ordinate the transfer of new products/systems into commercial solutions.
Provide support and mentoring to less experienced Software Developers/Engineers.
Act as design authority for company software products and solutions.
Write conference papers, magazine articles and prepare presentation material.
Provide support for interviewing and recruitment of staff, as required.
- Undertake obligations in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 as detailed in the Operations Manual. Recognise requirements for Industry Standards as relevant to work scope.
- Ensure that Software Engineering related non-conformance’s and improvement initiatives are acted upon and supported/closed out in a timely fashion.
- Deal with day to day queries from customers/suppliers and employees throughout the business
- Positive working approach towards business ethics.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hons Degree or equivalent in a suitable engineering discipline.
- C/C++ Software, firmware development, Digital signal processing, Field-Programmable Gate Array (more focused on Embedded rather than applications)
- Experience of Agile methodologies (Scrum and TDD)
- Broad experience working as part of an Engineering team and in a development environment.
- Detailed understanding and/or appreciation of software development principles.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant software design and quality standards.
- Proven capability in software product/system definition, evaluation, development, qualification and delivery.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Occasional travel to client/supplier premises and/or other sites.