Digital Data and TechnologyEmployee Status-
PermanentFull Time/Part Time-
We need polyglot engineers who relish a challenge and want to have a real impact on this business
Join our digital transformation
A global force in B2B e-commerce, our team is responsible for over 60 websites worldwide. We are pioneers, innovators and disruptors in the world of B2B e-commerce. We are on a journey of digital transformation, experimenting with new tools and services that put customers at the heart of everything we do.
Make an impact as a Senior Software Engineer – Back End
o Are you the kind of software engineer that knows quality is a team effort and everyone gets involved at all stages?
o Do you want to craft products you're proud of and improve the systems, the process and the people around you?
o Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
o Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus. Do all of these come to mind when thinking about great ways to work?
As a Senior Software Engineer – Back End you will have full accountability for:
• Projects ranging from an entirely new green-field development with the ability to define the art of the possible through to stabilising and enhancing existing legacy applications.
• Supporting and owning activities to continue to develop RS Online into agile engineering and technology led company
• Own the technical solution and delivery from inception to production and beyond.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications Required
Fuelling your passion:
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have significant/ substantial commercial experience with Microservices
• Able to write high performance and thoroughly tested production code
• Have a good understanding of Docker, Deployment tools and infrastructure/ DevOps
• Be a team player who wants to strive forwards together and not as individuals and a passion to mentor others.
We use the following technologies and we’re completely open for people to bring their own experiences and change to make the engineering culture better.
Java, Node.js, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, AWS Lambda’s (serverless)
SQL (RDBMS), NOSQL databases
AWS services – Route 53, API Gateway, Cloudformation, AWS Secrets Manager, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Cucumber, Selenium, Postman
Working with us
We want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential, share your ideas and make them happen. We want you to feel supported and listened to by a team that celebrates individuality and independent thought, encourages different perspectives and embraces every background.
The Good Stuff
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
• Up to 10% Bonus
• 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase a further week)
• Extremely generous contributory Pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Life assurance
We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937. Today, we’re using digital technology to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the one-stop-shop for industrial parts and electronic components.
Do you want to join our digital revolution? Can you help deliver amazing things for our customers? Do you want to see your software engineering turn into cutting-edge solutions? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!