Senior Software Developer - kACE Analytics
About the job
Working in a small team based in Woking you will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer, in an informal, dynamic and supportive environment. You will have responsibility for designing, developing and maintaining features for our real-time event-driven calculation engine, predominantly in C++ on Windows but using other languages and technologies when appropriate. You will develop automated unit tests and system tests to ensure the code stands up to real-world use, and will participate in the maintenance and improvement of our Continuous Integration platform and other development tooling. You will work alongside end-users to understand their needs and translate these into pragmatic designs, supporting the roll out of new software into production. You will keep your development skills up-to-date, using modern C++ to ensure the code you write is accurate, efficient and maintainable. This is a superb opportunity to expand your skills as part of a growing team.
- You have a minimum 5 years' experience developing in C++. Finance knowledge is not essential for this role, although experience of financial and messaging technologies would be an advantage
- You combine a rigorous, analytical approach with the pragmatism to get things done
- You are naturally inquisitive, with a strong desire to keep learning
- You have good written and verbal communication skills, and are comfortable interacting directly with end-users
- You have experience of version control, issue tracking and continuous integration tools
- You should have a strong academic background in a mathematical, scientific or technical discipline, demonstrating logical thinking and attention to detail
Kace is a developer of real-time calculation software for the financial markets. We are part of the leading global brokerage company BGC Partners Inc. who service the financial and real estate markets. Our proven and reliable technology has been supporting some of the largest global financial services companies for almost 30 years. Due to increasing demand for systems to price and publish FX and Interest Rate derivatives, we are expanding the team working on our flagship financial modelling platform.