Our company is an exciting data analysis start up working in the sports analytics/trading sector. Our ambition is to become the world leader in predictive sports analytics. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and self-driven individual to join our team.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be working within a fast-paced environment with a team of highly motivated and experienced personnel. The role reports directly to the CEO and will involve the development of our platform within the sports analytics/tradingindustry.
As a senior developer you will be expected to work closely with the business leads to understand the business requirements and design and implement solutions that meet those requirements. Testing is key, so any candidate must demonstrate that they have worked in a test-driven development environment. Given the complexity of the work involved any candidate must be able to communicate solutions to complex problems in a clear and plain-speaking manner.
Our company is primarily looking for individuals with a curious mind that have a drive for software development. Given the nature of the work to be undertaken candidates should have experience working in the sports betting or various other online trading activities and have proven experience with integrating with third party systems. We are looking for experience and our focus will be on technical ability and communication skills. The core technical skills we are looking for are as follows:
Must have experience in:
- Microsoft Azure (or AWS)
- Postgres (SQL)
Desirable experience in:
- Slack Apps
- Vue.js / Typescript
- GraphQL, Apollo
- Must be a full stack developer but back-end to mid-tier focussed
- Significant experience in quality assurance processes, software life-cycle, testing, planning, execution & defect tracking.
- Security first development methodology
- Hands-on experience in real-time solutions
- Develop highly available, resilient and distributed systems.
- Knowledge of source control and continuous deployment tools such as Jenkins and GitHub are preferred
- Experience integrating with 3rd party platforms
- Root cause analysis and diagnostic examinations to resolve issues
- Practical experience in software design patterns
- Systems analysis and design
- Unit testing
- Salary: Dependant on experience
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland.
If you are interested in joining our team on this exciting venture, then please send your C.V. along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org