AbacusNext International has a career opportunity for a Senior Developer to join the HotDocs team located in Edinburgh, UK.
WHO WE ARE
As a market leading technology provider, AbacusNext International is part of the AbacusNext group of companies and works with global banks, international corporations, government agencies and enterprises of all sizes across the world. Our award-winning technology is used across a range of sectors including financial services, legal, corporate, government and publishing to provide risk mitigation, compliance and operational efficiency in the production of business-critical documentation. Continually growing, AbacusNext International is seeking to expand our team to meet market demand for our document automation technology.
We were founded on one simple concept: improving the lives of professionals through the use of technology.
WHAT WE DO
Our clients include lawyers, accounting firms, governments, banks and financial institutions, as well as other private professional service organizations. For every engagement, we propose a solution tailored to meet their unique business needs and provide the utmost care in the implementation process.
No matter the challenge, we focus on delivering practical and enduring results, and equipping our clients to grow and lead. We partner with clients to put solution recommendations into practice and grow their businesses through the leverage of highly secure, compliant and functional business systems.
AbacusNext International currently has several exciting opportunities for senior software developers to join our city-centre Edinburgh team to work on the HotDocs product line.
The team in which this position sits primarily concentrates on developing our market leading document assembly platform using technologies such as C#, WPF, NodeJS, ASP.Net MVC and Angular. We make extensive use of the Azure cloud platform and Azure DevOps to automate our build, test and deployments.
As a senior team member, you will be actively involved in mentoring colleagues, driving architecture decisions, developing and improving features and working directly with stakeholders to deliver world-class products. In addition, your efforts will be recognised and used by a large and growing community of HotDocs users across the globe in a wide variety of industries.
Our team's combined goal is to deliver continuous value to customers and the business in a sustainable, quality driven environment. As we are continuously evolving our software code base, tools and agile process, our work takes on a combination of coding and review, changes to tools and systems and adjustments to the way we interact with our customers, whether they be internal or external.
As a Microsoft Partner, AbacusNext International is able to offer access to the latest enterprise tools with an MSDN Enterprise subscription.
As part of a cross-skilled team, you will:
- Write code every day.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership, driving engineering quality across the full application stack for a growing development team.
- Propagate a professional culture of ownership, openness and self-improvement within the team through development and mentoring of team members and the championing of best practices and standards.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to own the entire development pipeline from inception to production.
- Interact with the rest of the business to gain deep understanding of our products, customers and users.
Successful candidates will have significant professional experience within a software engineering team and will be:
- An adaptable, senior developer, capable of delivering robust, quality solutions with a high level of autonomy.
- A software quality evangelist, demonstrating a commitment to best patterns and practices including Agile, TDD and pair programming.
- Passionate about great UX and UI.
- Experienced in supporting and developing other members of staff.
- Excellent at technical communication.
We are ideally looking for Developers familiar with our current platform stack, however, if you have equivalent experience with similar technologies we would still love to hear from you:
- Back end: C#, C++, RESTful services, Azure
- Tools: Jira, Azure DevOps, Confluence, and Microsoft Teams.
- A passionate software engineer with a history of driving his or her own technical and professional development.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At AbacusNext International, you will work in collaborative and innovative environment, with the opportunity for career progression and the ability to challenge yourself and add to your responsibilities as you grow with the company. Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Private pension and health insurance
- Generous leave allowance
- Safari Books Online subscription - an online catalogue of more than 40,000 books, videos, and interactive tutorials from over 200 of the world’s best publishers, including O’Reilly and Pearson
- Microsoft Gold partnership, allowing full MSDN access and monthly Azure credit
- Regular work-based and social activities with the wider AbacusNext International team