Senior Software Developer
Up to £60,000 DOE
My Central Birmingham based client are looking for a dynamic and experienced software developer to join their rapidly expanding team in Central Birmingham. My clients technology stack is fully cloud-native using a wide variety of AWS services and relies on continuous deployment pipelines and Infrastructure as Code (IAC). The successful candidate will be required to work with all aspects of their systems including back-end, front-end and hardware integrations.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently, will be skilled at prototyping, and be prepared to undertake technology investigations and to make recommendations. Using the latest cloud-based tooling to help deliver our solution will be key.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Works collaboratively with a team of like-minded developers to design and deliver software solutions in an agile environment
- Engages in the full software development lifecycle to produce software solutions including studying business needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming, including:
- Designs and builds back-end systems with AWS technologies including RESTful services
- Contributes to the development of Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Contributes to the development of Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Writes automated tests for application code
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- When necessary, evaluates and produces software to integrate with external hardware devices
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; reading professional publications
- Software development skills, including:
- Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Teamwork, General Programming Skills, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Architecture
- Expert using an enterprise development language such as C#
- A deep understanding of Web protocols and standards (e.g. HTTP, REST)
- Web development skills
- HTML and CSS
- Source control (Git)
- Excellent communication skills
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- g. Lambda, SQS, MQTT, DynamoDB
- Serverless Framework
- React, Redux, Node.js
- Other libraries such as WebPack, Formik, ReactTable, Bootstrap, ESLint
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer, 5+ years' experience.
- Degree level qualification in Software Engineering or equivalent.
£40,000.00 - £60,000.00 per year