Our technology teams in theUK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digitalservices that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bankquickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure,data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leadinginternational bank.
Our multi-disciplined teamsinclude: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers,infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programmemanagers.
We work in small, agileDevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the BluefinBuilding in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multipleother locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley andBirmingham.
Following extensiveinvestment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans forcontinued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking a numberof experienced Security Engineers to join HSBC Technology.
The Senior SecurityEngineer (Antimalware) will be a member of the Global Cybersecurity Technologyteam. This team is responsible for identifying, developing and deploying globalcybersecurity controls across the estate leveraging the firm’s assets, networkand data to identify threats. This role will partner heavily with ITInfrastructure Delivery (ITID) and support the end-to-end secure deployment ofsecurity technologies across the firm as well as leading and attracting talentto build a world class team.
The role, focusing on AntimalwareEngineering, will be accountable for the following:
- Reviewing, analyzing and documenting the current baseline and developingthe target technology posture.
- Performing gap analysis of the current baseline against the targetarchitecture.
- Evaluating, developing and applying appropriate tools to capture,analyze and model various viewpoints of the domain architecture.
- Defining metrics and methodologies to measure domain performance ofapplying new technologies.
- Reviewing, designing and re-engineering domain processes with newtechnologies and solutions to improve domain performance.
- Providing centralized, global cybersecurity services to theorganization and reducing associated costs
- Operating a first line of defense to ensure compliance with ITrequirements
- Providing thought leadership, consultation and subject matter expertiseto the organization on Cybersecurity/Antimalware issues
- Implementing and maintaining an effective engagement model across allregions, global businesses, and global functions.
- Researching, engaging, and managing third party vendors where relevantto support functional objectives.
- Working with security start-ups, as well as more established companies,to support design partnerships and shape product/service offerings to meet therequirements of the bank.
- Providing thought leadership to the function and broader Cybersecurityorganization, driving transformational change and capability uplift across thebank.
- Collaborating with various layers of management across Cybersecurityand other IT teams to develop solutions that protect the organization.
- Design and drive the implementation of service offerings, capabilityuplifts, and process improvements to protect the bank for a continuouslychanging threat landscape.
What you will bring to the role;
- Extensive experience in information security, preferably focused on endpointsecurity and antimalware controls and solutions
- Demonstrable experience as both an individual contributor and leadimplementing and managing endpoint/antimalware security solutions
- Experience working cross-functionally to achieve desired outcomes andgoals, including working with subject matter experts and leads for otherdomains/controls to implement security solutions that effectively reducerisk
- Experience working with business partners to understand and evaluate cybersecurityrequirements and ensuring security solutions best meet those requirements whilereducing risk for the organisation
- Detailed understanding of current security risks, vulnerabilities, andmitigations for common desktop and server operating systems, as well as knowledgeof security best practices and common controls/security products
- Broad understanding of common network, application, and cloud securitycontrols
- Detailed knowledge of networking, operating system, and applicationdevelopment fundamentals, particularly with regard to security of and threatsto associated technologies, solutions, and products
- Extensive experience with securing endpoints, and supporting, andintegrating security products in large networks/environments
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex troubleshooting and problemanalysis as well as mitigation in large environments and at scale
- Extensive experience in evaluating and selecting security productsgiven business/technology needs and goals, including requirements gathering,testing, and working with multiple vendors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstratedexperience in interacting with technical leaders and various layers ofmanagement
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and offering guidance to teammembers
- Demonstrated ability automating common information security tasks in scriptingenvironments/languagues such as Python, Perl, or similar.
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively within and acrossteams and boundaries
- Willingness to continuously learn and share knowledge with other
Come Power a Businessthat Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating inmarkets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for ourcustomers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed tobeing an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitablyqualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age,disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexualorientation.
We want everyone to be ableto fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible workingarrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in theUK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities anda competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare forall UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support whenyou return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employercontribution.
Personal data held by theBank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Statement, which is available on our website.