When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
At our site in Swindon, Thermo Fisher are forging partnerships that are transforming the industry, creating new business models between pharma companies and their pharma service providers. We are pioneering solutions that are driven by client needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team within a sizeable QC (quality control) function, performing testing to support the COVID-19 vaccine development.
The Lead QC Scientific Officers is an experienced QC Analyst assigned to undertake analysis and to assist the QC Section Head with the day-today coordination and supervision of the team. It is a hands-on coordination role within a specific team in the Quality Control Chemistry organisation and reports into the Section Head for that team. This role includes regular interaction with clients.
What will you do?
- Transfer methodology into Patheon, to perform routine laboratory procedures, and to perform project work within the department.
- Carry out projects within the Department and at international level, as required.
- Prepare technical documentation within the Department, as required.
- Assist in the development and validation of laboratory procedures within the team, as required.
- Review analytical and laboratory data within the Department for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with documented procedures.
- Assist in the development and validation of laboratory procedures within the team and with other organisations internationally, as required.
- This includes but is not limited to purchase & qualification of equipment.
- Ensure cGMP is applied in their area of work and comply with cGMP in all areas of the business.
- Ensure the weekly plan is understood by the team and activities are organised to achieve agreed targets and measures of performance:
- Ensure equipment status and readiness are effectively monitored and maintained - this will include that any faults or issues are reported.
- Assure timely review of the data for the delivery of the batch
- Managing change control or CAPA actions
- OOS investigations and deviation investigation handling
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in accordance with GMP
- Timely escalation of all issues that cannot be resolved.
- Tracking of progress and downtime reporting, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Accurate and timely completion of the analytical activities within the team
- Effective team leadership in line with GMP requirements and 4i values, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure own, and teams work complies with GMP & Data Integrity and is undertaken in accordance with applicable quality documents e.g. SOP’s, Analytical Methods, Specifications, etc.
- Plan training ensure execution and maintain training matrix.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team
- Client facing
- Ensure Continuous improvements - Identify and support PPI initiatives to eliminate or/and reduce waste and non-value adding activities within the Lab
- Deputise for the Section Head in their absence
- Support and encourage a “Quality Culture” throughout the QC Lab.
- Understand emergency procedures and comply with safe systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with environment, health and safety rules, signage, and instructions at all times.
- Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.
Who are we looking for?
- Degree in Chemistry or strongly related scientific discipline.
- Extensive biochemistry experience with knowledge of protein bio-assays.
- Experience in techniques including but not limited to electrophoresis gels/blots, protein separation and visualisation.
- Experience of Wet chemistry techniques; pH, appearance and colour of solution, conductivity and HPLC with CAD etc.
- Experience of instrumental and traditional analytical techniques.
- Ability to work to critical timelines with the ability to commit to overseas travel as part of the project team.
- Flexibility to work shift patterns as required.
- Effective communication skills at all internal and external levels.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to coach others.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus
- Free on-site car parking
- Contributory Pension
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com