Senior Research Analyst (Education and Labour Market)
A Senior Research Analyst (Education and Labour Market) is needed to join a leading not-for-profit organisation based in London. As the Senior Research Analyst, you will play an instrumental role delivering vital research into key issues for the educational and engineering sectors, producing a robust evidence base for policy and practice.
This nationally recognised not-for-profit organisation has been created to inspire tomorrow's engineers and increase the talent pipeline into engineering through educational initiatives. They are now looking to strengthen their research team with a Senior Analyst who will be vital in establishing them as a leading centre for data and analysis.
Taking the operational lead on the national survey of young people, teachers and parents, the Senior Research Analyst will have a significant input into developing and delivering the organisation's research reports, briefings and flagship biennial report (that is widely used by government, educators and industry figures). Whether you are undertaking in-depth analysis of large-scale datasets; reporting the findings to stakeholders; reviewing existing literature for accuracy; identifying appropriate methodological approaches; conducting research or creating content for relevant reports / evidence-based literature, you will utilise your analytical mind to make a real difference to an industry sector that is proactive in engaging with the next generation of engineers.
To qualify... You could be a Senior Research Analyst / Research Analyst / Insight Analyst / Data Analyst / Research and Insight Analyst we don't mind, you just need to be able to demonstrate:
- A passion for and experience in researching social issues, preferably in the skills or education arena;
- Experience working on research projects from conception, developing appropriate methodologies and corresponding primary research instruments;
- Excellent IT skills with experience using Excel and statistical analysis software (e.g. SPSS, STATA, R, SAS or similar);
- Experience in undertaking literature searches and reviews and producing summarising reports;
- You are highly literate, numerate and professional with excellent communications skills including the ability to provide content pieces as required;
- A first degree or equivalent evidence of analytical and problem-solving ability;
- A knowledge or passion for engineering, education or labour market sectors.
Joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people the Senior Research Analyst will get the chance to work with one of the largest STEM focussed not-for-profits in the UK where they can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match.