Requisition ID: 223638
Senior Quantum Analyst
Working closely with both project execution and legal teams in respect of issues giving rise to costs overruns in the delivery of complex, major construction projects concerning all four of Bechtel's Global Business Units around the World:
• Work closely with legal teams, GBU management and project personnel on issues causing costs overruns during the execution of large, multi-faceted construction projects
• Provide advice and assist in the negotiation and settlement of disputed claims with clients, subcontractors and vendors
Under the overall supervision of the Corporate Manager of Claims, the Senior Quantum Analyst will be required to work both independently, and also as part of claims teams including lawyers, project personnel and external consultants, to understand and demonstrate the driving causes of increased costs on large, complex construction projects. Considerable experience and skill in establishing and demonstrating cause and effect utilising recognised methods of forensic quantum analysis will be required.
• Must be prepared to travel extensively on an 'as needed' basis
• Minimum of 7 years relevant experience of working "hands on" on large engineering and construction disputes, with experience gained from a recognised construction consultancy or a major engineering, procurement and construction firm.
• Excellent oral, written, presentation and communication skills
• Well-honed advisory skills
• High degree of business acumen and a strategic approach
• High level of expertise in the use of Microsoft Excel software
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels within the company
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.