With the start of a new decade fast approaching, what do you hope 2020 will bring for you and your career?
As newly appointed Northern Powerhouse Partners, Solomons have ambitious regional growth plans for 2020, and some exciting opportunities for determined and driven individuals to help us put these plans into practice.
If you have the energy and passion to tackle the start of a new decade with a challenging and rewarding change of role, then why not let us set the foundations for your future career on the right track, with a mix of technical and management training support your development and to help you achieve your very best over the coming decade?!
As an established Chartered Quantity Surveying Practice, with northern roots, Solomons has developed a reputation for excellence, providing both a high quality service to our clients and nurturing exceptional talent. Our people make the right impression in client organisations, and our Intrapreneurial culture means we really do stand out from the crowd. Solomons is extremely proud to be different and for our teams to be visibly effective, making a real impact in all they do and setting the bar high.
Location: Warrington/ Manchester/ Liverpool
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Highly Competitive + BMW Company Car & benefits
We nurture and encourage intrapreneurial approaches and attitudes, giving our teams the freedom and trust to do things differently, and to feel empowered to try new things, looking at ways to provide the best and most suitable service possible for our Clients. Disrupting the status quo where we need to.Our people are not afraid to put their heads about the parapet and offer up new solutions, whilst ensuring they are accountable and responsible for seeing those ideas through to fruition. Our people are practical and resourceful, understanding that ideas are the easy bit, it’s putting those ideas into action and bringing the team along with you which takes the grit and determination to succeed.
With autonomy over their working day, encouraged to be curious and to ask questions, as well as forging strong business relationships, our people quickly establish themselves and integrate effectively into Client teams. If you are a budding intrapreneur and ready to step up to a new challenge, why not give us a call?
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be assigned to work with one of Solomons EPC Contractors or Specialist subcontractors operating in the region, in a diverse range of industries such as civils, utilities, power and M&E. Working as a standalone representative or as part of one of our integrated Project Commercial teams, you will be fully conversant with all contract administration and project control aspects. You should be able to provide advice on management of both main contract and key subcontract packages, procurement strategy and be effective in managing project change in disciplines such as Mechanical & Electrical and Civil Engineering works, ideally on major NEC3/4 or FIDIC based contracts.
What does it take to be a Solomons Intrapreneur?
As an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or related field
- Be adaptable and able to work under industry standard construction forms of contract, including NEC3/4, FIDIC and/or IChemE, in the Process and Engineering sectors (Civils, Nuclear, Utilities etc) or infrastructure
- Be commercially aware and skilled at project commercial reporting (CVR’s, Subcontract Management, Procurement, etc.)
- Be a self-motivated individual, with the ability to build strong team and client relationships – willing to ‘go the extra mile’ to achieve a successful outcome
- Strive to find solutions and solve problems in day to day project challenges and issues
- Flexibility to travel across the North East, North West & Cumbria
- Have a full UK driving license
What do we offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary + BMW Company Car/Car Allowance
- 25 days’ holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Personalised Training & Development Programme to develop management and technical skills to promote career progression
- Inhouse Coaching with a regional Talent Manager
- 7 day’s holiday per year for you and your family in our executive lodge near Windermere
- Westfield Health Cash Plan (includes cover for your Children)
- Up to 5% contributory pension
Development & Training:
With no glass ceilings and the opportunity to fast-track; your development is in your own hands. Bespoke training, Inhouse coaching and career development plans are aligned career aspirations and Client project deliverables. We support our teams to perform at the ‘top of their game’, which ensures we can build strong, reliable and effective teams for our clients – meeting business continuity and stability goals.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Quantity Surveyors, Managing Surveyor, Project Surveyors, Renewable Energy, Oli, Gas & Petrol, Civil Engineering and Pharmaceutical, Nuclear, Power Generation, NEC Contract, Process Engineering, Project Management, Contract Management, EPC, Claims Consultant, Claims Assistant, Commercial Manager, Managing Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor Project Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Cost Engineer, Project Controller, Planner, Estimator etc.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.