Are you a Chartered Quantity Surveyor Team Leader experienced in running projects and managing a team of experienced Surveyors?
Or; are you a Senior Chartered Surveyor who wants to take that next step on your career ladder?
Due to our continuing success and growth, we are now looking for a talented Senior Quantity Surveyor Team Leader to join and manage our Cost Management team, where you will be working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy office in Reading.
This opportunity provides development in to management within Ridge. To achieve this, Ridge will provide you with guidance and support from our experienced Cost Management team in Reading and throughout the UK based Ridge offices (many have embarked on this very same journey). Therefore, it is essential that you are an ambitious individual with a strong 'can do' attitude to develop within this role.
Our projects are very diverse including large education and commercial schemes with contract values up to £200 million to smaller schemes and working in interesting sectors.
- Manage clients and projects
- Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
- Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
- Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project to ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan allowance and the overall project remains within budget
- Prepare tendering documents
- Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
- Lead from the front dealing with multi-disciplined teams and project delivery
- MRICS Chartered
- Team leading / management experience highly desirable
- Commercially focused
You will need to be presentable with good communication skill as the role is client facing. An ability to produce good documentation, to organise, manage your and the team’s resources efficiently in the delivery of the services for multiple projects at any one time.
What’s in it for you:
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- 26 days holiday
- Company car allowance
- Generous bonus scheme
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday
- Excellent work / life balance
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company offering excellent career progression prospects.
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental and Town & Country Planning. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.