Job descriptionJob Title
Senior Quantity Surveyor, also looking for Intermediate Quantity Surveyors
South Yorkshire, commutable from Barnsley, Doncaster, Wakefield, Sheffield and Huddersfield and York.
Salary / Benefits
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum negotiable dependant on experience. plus Car/Allowance and package.
Working for a Tier 1 Principal Contractor who specialise in Civils & Construction within the Rail sector
Working in a busy and fast paced rail maintenance and asset management project environment. The business unit consists of 'small' maintenance projects both reactive and planned around the rail network. They are responsible for the maintenance and repair of rail assets in a long term framework / contract agreement with works typically ranging in type, scale and value.
Projects can typically include repair and maintenance to bridges, tunnels, structures, stations, embankments, flood and weather damage, signage, de-vegetation, fencing, handrails etc.
To be suitable for the position you must have
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor in a civil engineering environment.
Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- Civil Engineering project experience (rail, bridges, roads, structures for example)
- Contractual experience with NEC or bespoke NR forms of contract)
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor in a civils contracting environment (candidates' looking to step up to Senior level with relevant experience will be considered).
- Experience working in a civils maintenance framework environment is essential - (rail, highways, utilities, general civils)
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have
- Some rail experience would be beneficial but is not essential for the position.
- Leading the commercial management of multiple sites on time and to budget.
- Pricing and ensuring estimates are submitted accurately and on time,
- Resolving pricing issues with clients
- Client Liaison
- Liaison with Site Managers to collate information on day to day remits,
- Subcontractor management
- Change management and early warnings
- Contract administration (NEC/NR forms of contract)
- Final accounting.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.
Source : Navartis