SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
“As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for the execution of the Quantity Surveying function for the contract, fulfilling the requirements of the company in maximising quality of service and profitability.”
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. As a FTSE 250 organisation, we turnover £2.8 billion and employ over 5500 people across three very successful businesses; Linden Homes, Galliford Try Partnerships and Construction & Investments. As one of the UK’s leading principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a better time to join our family, in particular our Highways business where we have seen impressive growth over the last few years achieving tremendous success under the CDF Framework and Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks. Right now, we are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions. We’ve secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a really strong position to capitalise further so now is the time to update that CV and come and join us, exciting times are ahead!
King 31, Grantham is our latest scheme awarded under the Midlands Highways Alliance and the Southern Relief Road leads to the King 31 Distribution park. Phase one saw the completion of a roundabout off the B1174 and a road along Tollmache Road leading to a second new roundabout. Phase Two will join the B1174 to the A1 trunk road via a grade-separated junction worth in excess of £20m.
As Senior QS you will responsible for and not limited to;
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts by preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes by agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates.
- Recognising and advising Project Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense by maintaining records of resource allocation including labour, plant and materials and reviewing subcontract correspondence for delay and loss and/or expense claims.
- Preparation of claim documentation & information for submission to Clients/ Consultants within required timescales.
- Satisfying Client deadlines for estimates and quotations whilst applying principles of profit maximisation and protecting Companies interests.
- Preparation of tender enquiry documents for the procurement of subcontractors and assist with the subcontract buyers through to placement of order.
- Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
We are looking for passion, strong leadership and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have a solid track record for delivering major civils projects from a commercial standpoint then get in touch as I want to hear from you. You’ll need experience of working in the contracting environment with good working knowledge and experience with the NEC form of contract,
with knowledge of measuring work for roads/bridges offering a distinct advantage. If you are degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership) that would be preferred. If this sounds like you and you are ready to strive for exceptional levels of performance, call me today!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Senior Quantity Surveyor role or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact Donna Apperley firstname.lastname@example.org
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community