Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Falkirk, Scotland
Kier utilities is looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor, who will report to the –Commercial Manager. The successful post-holders prime function is to increase value, reduce cost, drive profit and manage risk in a safe and ethical manner of the contract(s) they are working on.
- Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
- Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI’s are exceeded
- Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
- Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
- Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
- Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
- Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
- Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
- To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience
- Experience within a similar role
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.