About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Living Places business unit to work in Coventry.
- Managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures;
- To minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality;
- Managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare Activity Schedules, Resource Schedules & analyses tender documents;
- Review complex contract programmes such as Time-Location;
- Assist with the preparation of delay and disruption programmes;
- Undertake constructability analyses using construction programmes;
- Prepare procurement programmes and help develop the strategy;
- Maintain your own Personal Development Plan;
- Actively support the development of others.
Who we're looking for
- Hold a BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent;
- Be a member of RICS, ICES or CIOB (or working towards).
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic ‘place shaping’ agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the ‘road’ to deliver the potential of the ‘street’: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.