Quantity Surveying and Commercial Consultancy, Solomons Europe, have strategic expansion plans for Cumbria over the coming 3 years to grow and develop the team at their Papcastle office near Cockermouth, to support up and coming opportunities and frameworks across the infrastructure, power, nuclear and utilities sectors.
As a Northern Powerhouse Partner, with roots across the north of England, we see exciting and game changing opportunities ahead across all our northern regions, as the business returns to normality following the Covid-19 Pandemic. During the period since lockdown, the company has taken pride in retaining all staff members productively, without the need to furlough employees or cut pay levels.
Solomons regional project expertise is aligned to core areas of the UK (COVID-19) recovery programme and we feel confident our team of exceptional high performers, can surpass the expectations of our key clients and be fundamental in supporting the bounce back of the engineering and construction industry.
We now feel ready to look to the future and be part of the growing number of SME’s ideally positioned to take on the challenges and opportunities the coming 12 months will bring as we push forward out of recession, by growing our committed and passionate teams in the second half of 2020.
There is opportunity to work autonomously on a variety of high value projects, so we want to attract senior professionals who are adaptable and experienced in successfully running projects from inception to completion. Working as a Solomons consultant you will be competent in advising your client of suitable strategies for maximising the financial position at any stage of the project lifecycle.
We support Tier 1 and specialist Tier 2 Contractors & Clients, on various projects across the region including Utilities, Highways and Defence projects.
Joining our Quantity Surveying Practice, you will work as a standalone representative or as part of one of our integrated Commercial teams and will be fully conversant with all contract administration and project control aspects. You should be able to provide advice on management of both main contract and key subcontract packages and procurement strategy and should be effective in managing project change in disciplines such as Mechanical & Electrical and Civil Engineering works. Experience working on major NEC3/4 or FIDIC based contracts is preferred but if a candidate has a proven track record in effective project commercial control and contract administration, other contract forms will be considered.
Skills, Experience, Requirements
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or related field
- Be adaptable and able to work under industry standard construction forms of contract, including NEC3/4, FIDIC and/or IChemE, in the Process Engineering and Infrastructure sectors (Civils, Nuclear, Process & Utilities etc)
- Be commercially aware and skilled at project commercial reporting (CVR’s, Subcontract Management, Procurement, etc.)
- Be a self-motivated individual, with the ability to build strong team and client relationships – willing to ‘go the extra mile’ to achieve a successful outcome
- Strive to find solutions and solve problems in day to day project challenges and issues
- Have a full UK driving license
What do we offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary + BMW Company Car/Car Allowance
- 25 days’ holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Personalised Training & Development Programme to support structured targeted career progression
- Inhouse Coaching from a member of the People Team.
- 7 day’s holiday per year for you and your family in our executive lodge near Windermere
- Westfield Health Cash Plan (includes cover for your Children)
- Up to 5% contributory pension
You may have experience of the following: Senior Quantity Surveyor, Managing Surveyor, Project Surveyors, Renewable Energy, Oli, Gas & Petrol, Civil Engineering and Pharmaceutical, Nuclear, Power Generation, NEC Contract, Process Engineering, Project Management, Contract Management, EPC, Claims Consultant, Claims Assistant, Commercial Manager, Managing Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor Project Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Cost Engineer, Project Controller, Planner, Estimator etc.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.