Job descriptionJob Title:
Senior QS/ SQS
Head office is based in the North West, this role is ideal for anyone based in Kearsley, Bolton, Wigan, Rochdale or Manchester.
Salary / Benefits:
£45,000 - £50,000 + Package
My client can offer an immediate start but is also happy to honour current notice periods
Navartis are pleased to be working with one of the UK's largest family-owned firms. Trading for more than 14 decades this company has a vast range of diversity in their expertise and this is one of the strengths they pride themselves on. Due to an increase in work they are looking to further extend their commercial team with the addition of a Senior Quantity Surveyor. The department currently has a Commercial Director, Commercial Manager, 4 Senior QS's, 2 project surveyors and an Assistant QS. My client primarily operates across the North West on a variety of Civil engineering, pipe renewals, reservoir works, construction, residential and aviation projects. The work is various forms of contract including NEC, JCT, ICE, CD100 etc and the value of work generally ranges from £10,000 to £10,000,000 +.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- BSc quantity surveyor qualification or higher.
- 5-10 years' experience within a busy contractor based civil engineering department on a variety of contracts ranging from £10,000 to £6million +
- Familiarity with a variety of contracts such JCT, NEC, ICE, CD1000 etc
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suit
- An understanding of tender build up analysis
- Responsible for Trainee QS/ Reporting into Commercial Manager
- Preparation and submission of regular valuations. Preparation and negotiations of variations/claims
- Cost analysis and monitoring, Settlement of final accounts, Provide cash flow projections
- Carry out regular cost and value reconciliation reporting in compliance with defined programme dates
- Procurement and payment of Sub-Contractors through to agreement of final accounts.
- preparation and monitoring of contract specific budgets and end of life forecasts.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.
Source : Navartis