We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer passionate about all aspects of quality in the development environment. Whilst being adept in automation-based testing, this is not a purely testing role. Promoting the quality assurance process in the context of continuous delivery is crucial, focusing on helping the team to improve their KPI’s like lead time, release failure rates, deployment frequency, number of bugs, system availability, code quality, etc. Senior QA will also play a crucial role getting requirements right from the start and being a bridge between the business and the delivery team.
We’re looking for someone who can bring their passion for quality to the development team. You will collaborate daily with the developers and product owners within a cross-functional agile team to deliver new features and improvements, helping to achieve a high-quality product that offers one of the best player experiences in the market.
- Support development team to own the quality process and to build the quality in.
- Champion and consistently improve quality within your team through the promotion of quality principles and best practises.
- Contribute during the analysis and refinement process to ensure the features are delivered with an appropriate test approach.
- Promote continuous improvement in the software delivery process based on quality metrics.
- Ensure each release delivers quality to the customer, whilst meeting business requirements.
- Ability to communicate and influence quality principles within an agile environment to mitigate risk on releases.
- Work with the delivery team to convert requirements into manageable user stories.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Team collaboration using agile methodologies.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Have the ability to come up with test strategies to test full stack development.
- Experience in testing both front-end and back-end applications.
- Refining requirements through specification by example.
- Ability to understand the system architecture and identify the areas that needs to be tested.
- Understanding of continuous delivery principles like feature switch, trunk based development.
- Comfortable different types of testing approaches (exploratory, functional, automated, security, etc).
- A clear understanding of test pyramid.
- Able to perform efficient and productive exploratory testing.
- A good understanding of microservices architecture.
- Clear understanding of source control management preferably GitHub.
- Knowledge of build/integration pipelines such as Jenkins, GoCD, etc.
- Understanding of testing approach with backwards feature compatibility and latent code.
- Good practical experience of defect management tools and lifecycle, JIRA being a preference.
- Strong practical experience and understanding of writing test scripts using BDD syntax.
- Experience using Charles, Postman, Cucumber or similar technologies.
- Analysing business requirements and transform them into User Stories.
We are on a mission to become the world’s most entertaining online gaming company. It all started with Jackpotjoy but along the way we have grown into the award-winning team of designers, developers and operators behind some of the leading gaming sites and apps including Virgin Games and Heart Bingo.
Born in 2001 with just a handful of developers, we are now over 1200 employees strong across 7 group offices worldwide with our headquarters in Central London. Over 24 million players enjoy our 258 games, generating on average 6,028 chat messages every 15 minutes!
Whether it be through the awards we've won for innovation in Bingo and Slots, our commitment to using cutting edge technology, or simply our passion to innovate, thrill, and surprise, Gamesys constantly pushes the boundaries to be the best in class.
Our culture is visible everywhere. Visit our reception - you’ll find sweets and a giant monkey, in the design team a giant red lamp and the latest quad core mac pros; the breakout areas a Gamesys pool table and fridges full of beer, wine and soft drinks. In the meeting rooms you might find grass instead of carpet, in the summer you’ll meet all our families together for a celebration and in the winter you can find Mexican wrestlers or circus acts roaming around. Weekly social and sports events give you the opportunity to stretch both your mind and body, whether it be getting involved in a meetup or brownbag session, playing in the poker tournament or joining one of the many sports teams. But our culture is not just in what you can see it's in everything we do, we're hard workers and we get stuck in. We have fun, making fun and our vision is to invent, play and discover together, to craft experiences that thrill our players and rock the world.