Are you passionate about the care and treatment of your clients? Do you want to make a lasting difference and be part of somebody’s journey to improve their mental health. If so, The Forward Trust are looking for you!
Who we are
It is an exciting time at Forward with the recent addition of providing mental health IAPT services in prisons across Hertfordshire, Essex and Suffolk. For more than 25 years, Forward have been working with people building positive and productive lives, whatever their past. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
We believe and are committed to providing opportunities to all people including those with ‘Lived Experience’ we encourage applications from all background including those in recovery from addiction, co-dependency or gambling, have experience of previous offending or homelessness.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP) you will be responsible for team performance and supporting the team as a practice lead to deliver a responsive a high quality service in line with IAPT requirements. You will be providing both Clinical and line management supervision to Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners.
You will be managing a team of Psychological Wellbeing practitioners delivering psychological interventions alongside the High Intensity Therapist. The treatment is tailored to individual needs in supporting low to high intensity IAPT delivery needs.
- Ensure all interventions are delivered to the required standards by facilitating observed practice sessions, carrying out file checks and providing constructive feedback.
- Support effective case load management, making sure that clients are prioritised appropriately and seen in a timely manner, ongoing care and treatment is reviewed in close liaison with other agencies.
- Provide effective Case management and Clinical supervision for Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners and Trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners.
- Carry out regular service audits, and develop action plans to ensure that any issues are escalated and addressed in a timely manner and good practice is effectively shared throughout the service to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensure case management/programme documentation is maintained to the expected audit standards.
What we are looking for
- A thorough understanding of Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) and the concept of stepped care
- Demonstrable experience in the management of teams, performance and development.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice sector and/or community services
- Experience of undertaking comprehensive risk assessments, including assessment of risk to self and others.
- Experience of delivering Step 2 Psychological interventions
- Completed relevant IAPT course in line with the IAPT low intensity national programme. Holding a relevant PWP qualification.
- Completed or in the process of completing an IAPT supervision training course.
What we will offer you.
Alongside Simply Health coverage, and a contributory pension scheme to assist employees with their general health and well-being. We offer:
- Training opportunities and career development
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)