You will play a key role in supporting the planning and scheduling of two strategic projects
The role holder may, from time to time, be asked to take on other strategic initiatives
that either directly relate to, or arise as a result of, either of the above projects.
Project Planning and Scheduling:
Develop, and keeps updated programme schedules and project schedules for monitoring and tracking requirements, and stays abreast of changes to requirements.
Provides information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule.
Identifies and records the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled.
Evaluate actual project progress and provide regular schedule updates to the Assistant Director, Strategic Projects.
Interfaces with Programme Managers, Project Managers, Professional Services, Educational Leads, and Contractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
Contributes to the development of working schedules for estimating, prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrates the sequence of work activities and contract time.
Prepares and issues proposal and preliminary schedules.
Incorporates risk, resource and/or cost loading data into schedules as required.
Training and Support:
Serves as technical advisor for the solution of difficult schedule problems.
Consults the appropriate project team members and Strategic Projects Management Office regarding estimating procedures as a means of ensuring that proper planning is completed prior to the commencement of work.
Supports Project Managers in creating short-term schedules, monitor such schedules to determine impact on master schedule, and help in formulating actions to correct scheduling problems.
Identifies scheduling software training needs among team members and provides training when necessary; remain current on the advancements in scheduling software.
Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
Other duties as assigned.
Please be advised that the percentages allocated for the key deliverables may be adapted to take into account the needs of the Business.
The Candidate must be:
· Educated to degree level or professional equivalent, with evidence of continuing professional development and professional associations
· Educated to degree level in a related subject and/or equivalent experience
· Professional project management qualification i.e. APM, Prince2,
· Significant related-work experience in ta relevant field, or as a project planner / scheduler.
· Excellent knowledge of current planning tools, Excel and SharePoint.
· Proven project management expertise evidenced through successful project outcomes.
· Good project management skills, with respect to scheduling and planning throughout the project lifecycle, including ability to manage support project resources and exert influence to the benefit of the project.
· Clear understanding of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to corporate information services, including broader sector/commercial awareness.
· Understanding of the regulations and national codes of practice and the implications of non-compliance, i.e. Data Protection and Freedom of Information acts.
· Results driven
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
· Ability to work proactively and
· independently Attention to detail
· Completer / Finisher
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your CV and application for this role will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. However, to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and check out our vacancy page on our website.
Smart Moves Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.