Bell Integration is a technology services provider; supporting its customers through the complex lifecycle of their assets from acquisition through to retirement, including supply of the resources required to consult, support and project manage throughout the journey.
Project Services & Consulting services provide organisations with the knowledge and know-how to make the most from their technology investment as well as roadmap development to drive down future costs and increase efficiency. Bell is able to take customers on the journey from initial assessment and advice, through to architecture, design and transformation with defined outcomes. Project services are dedicated to the delivery of programmes and projects across the infrastructure, focusing on ensuring the right solution is delivered on time and on budget.
The position of Senior Project Manager within Bell Integration is focused on delivering defined projects to our end customers. The projects will vary from short (4 week assignments) to multi-year projects based on customer sites. The size and complexity of projects can be different and may require resource management oversight. Projects may be managed on behalf of Bell or the customer depending on the requirement.
This role would suit someone with extensive experience of infrastructure projects, DC migration, work load migrations and decommissioning projects.
The role is expected to be based primarily in London or the South East although some flexibility in location/travel is required to meet our customer’s needs.
Bell Integration project managers are accountable for:
- The overall project delivery
- Project managing to the agreed time, quality and cost parameters for the project within a Prince 2 framework.
- Agreeing the scope of the project during project start-up and capturing changes and seeking approval (if different to the original scope of work) throughout the project lifecycle.
- Able to frame a project in commercial terms to achieve the best outcome for Bell.
- Ensuring the agreed project controls are in place, managing and updating stakeholders and documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ownership of the customer relationship during the project
- Creation and ownership of a project plan and agreeing committed delivery dates with the customer
- Ensuring all agreed milestone dates are accurately maintained and reflected in the appropriate management tools (both within Bell Integration and the customer’s systems).
- Ensure both customer and Bell reporting processes and cycles are followed
- Manage Risks, issues (along with mitigation), actions and dependencies
- Oversight and management of project tasks
- Schedule, host and attend customer meetings as and when required
- Scope management; to manage customer expectations, control change and negotiate compromise.
- Deliver timely communication and concise management reporting to all stakeholders
- Where required to manage and motivate technical resources, ensuring projects have a budget and ensuring time and expenses are booked correctly to the
- Capturing lessons learned during the lifecycle of project
- Closing the project and associated closure documentation i.e. Lessons Learned, Customer Signoff/Feedback
- Line management and development of junior staff, per the framework for Line Managers
PRINCE2 – Practitioner level or equivalent.
ExperienceMinimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Management, in particular types of projects; e.g. DC migration. Familiar with working on large-scale projects, in excess of £1m budget.
This role will suit a senior project manager or programme manager, with demonstrable management and project management experience. We are seeking someone with both the experience and personal attributes that will deliver exceptional customer satisfaction to our customers.
- Well presented, articulate confident and professional in approach. Able to develop trust in others.
- Previous experience working for a consulting services company, services company or as a supplier organisation, or systems integrator.
- Disciplined prioritisation, time management and scheduling abilities – (multi-tasking skills are essential).
- Full life cycle project management experience from project initiation to project closure with the ability to adapt to the customer’s chosen methodology and standards.
- Strong task and resource planning in a volatile matrix management environment.
- Strong risk and issue management skills with an eye on avoiding project issues through awareness, planning and forward thinking.
- Demonstrable understanding of project finances and budget management.
- Diligent project administration and reporting approach with very strong stakeholder communication skills.
- Solid estimating skills with the ability to contribute to project requirements assessment, estimating and planning.
- Skilled in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, SharePoint and Project.
- Understanding of the characteristics of delivering projects in a consultancy organisation. Professional services business acumen and commercial acumen.
- Understanding of markets, opportunities and competitors as well as business issues and challenges.
- Understanding of the sales and delivery process.
- Understanding of the go-to-market strategies.
- Successful delivery of fixed price projects to time and budget.
- Technical understanding (particularly infrastructure), able to comprehend technical issues and solutions.