Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: East Sussex
Salary Guide: £60,000 - £70,000 Negotiable, Plus Excellent Benefits
We are recruiting for a Contracts Manager to deliver water and wastewater projects throughout the South East of England. This is a senior permanent position which will have responsibility for the overall performance of over £30m of projects annually and overseeing the activities of the project delivery and site management teams.
You will report directly to the Senior Operations Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the overall performance of the projects including contract staffing, supporting the hand-over from design phase to project delivery and for setting overall contract strategy.
- Have detailed working knowledge and experience of project management practices from scheme conception through to end user acceptance.
- Responsible for overall health & safety and reporting to the monthly project management meeting.
- Offer support, advice and guidance to the construction and delivery leads on all aspects of the contract and lends assistance with solving problems as required.
- Responsible for maintaining client relations, resolving client-related problems and developing opportunities for further business.
- Promote exceptional safety and delivery quality standards to direct and subcontracted work force.
- Maintain the company's reputation on a project by ensuring good relationships are maintained with joint venture partners and suppliers.
- Ensuring, in conjunction with the design manager, that an adequate technical, safety and environmental review is carried out for each project to ensure successful delivery.
- Ensuring that the respective construction and project/ site managers are carrying out appropriate reviews and approvals of all method statements and risk assessments, as well as construction plans to support the H&S requirements.
- Ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates.
- Maintain an appropriate practical knowledge and appreciation of all technical disciplines associated with delivering water and waste water design and build projects.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Project Management experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline.
- APMP or equivalent
- Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
- Extensive experience in large scale infrastructure project delivery
- Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
- Experience in water / waste water infrastructure (Desirable)
- Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline (Desirable)