Element has an opportunity for an experienced and talented Senior Project Manager to join our growing team in Aberdeen. Reporting to the General Manager (Scotland), the successful candidate will become a key member of the leadership team.
The Senior Project Manager will be primarily responsible for the successful execution and delivery of materials testing projects to both O&G and non O&G clients. Leading a small team and working closely with general management, operational management, laboratory staff, technical specialists, sales and commercial functions, this role will provide overarching project management leadership including acting as main point of client contact for larger projects, ensuring that robust project management protocols are established and adhered to, mentoring of junior project managers, production of machining and test related documentation, communicating, reporting, variation management and invoicing.
- Management and mentoring of junior project management personnel
- Acting as main point of contact with clients, providing regular updates on project progress, technical, commercial and financial issues as appropriate
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope, within budget and to clients satisfaction
- Conduct technical, commercial and financial contract reviews
- Chair project launch meetings as appropriate
- Establish effective project communication plans and protocols
- Provide support to the sales functions with respect to the development of technical and commercial proposals
- Production of detailed project plans enabling monitoring and tracking during the project life cycle
- Establish, manage and maintain good and effective working relationships with team members, clients, vendors, third parties and stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Perform risk management to minimise risk to the project
- Measure and analyse project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Facilitate change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impact to schedule and budget
- Identify and leverage new opportunities during the project life cycle
- Conduct ‘post project’ evaluation and analysis and feedback to stakeholders as appropriate
- Effectively manage customers expectations
- HND / BSc in Engineering or Materials Science
Accredited project management qualification ie Prince 2 would be desirable
- The ability to plan, organize and manage work within the defined area of responsibility
- Ability to review performance, identify problems and contribute to their solution
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective influencing skills
- Ability to apply logical reasoning and analytical thinking
- Ability to build and sustain a project environment that delivers high performance through empowering its team members
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to understand and manage emotions and resolve conflict, working with colleagues to deliver a service that satisfies expectations
- Ability to identify and exploit opportunities
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Executive maturity and strategic thinking
- Demonstrable gravitas and visible leadership
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.