Senior Project Engineer - Lab Maintenance, Kohler Mira
To manage the maintenance and development of the NPD test water delivery plant and to support lab testing.
Main job functions:
• To manage the development of NPD test facility, ensuring that this is flexible, maintained and efficient.
• Manage, develop and mentor direct reports
• Optimising plant effectiveness through planned preventative maintenance and improvement activity
• To develop and improve the existing maintenance strategy in line with the business goals.
• To ensure that all development projects are included within capital plan, resourced and run to completion.
• To manage all capital, spend within the area in conjunction with the laboratory manager.
• Drive improvements in the area to ensure that projects are supported and that a strategy for development is supported.
• To develop external suppliers to support development.
• To assist in the management of internal resource to ensure efficient running of the facility.
• To help support NPDI projects with laboratory related assistance.
• Manage, develop and mentor direct reports
- Development of the NPD Laboratory facility.
• Implement a plan for the strategic development of the facility.
• Provide project management support for all capital projects.
• Control capital costs through the facility.
• Resource planning for development.
• Manage capital investment and prioritise.
• To work with laboratory manager to ensure that the facility is developed in line with the business strategy.
• To co-ordinate the development of the facility by utilising internal and external resource.
• Monitor spend and develop a strategy with the laboratory manager to ensure that adequate budget is available.
• To develop and implement plans for the ongoing strategic development of product development testing methodologies in support of the current and future business needs. Identify and implement new testing strategies to improve test efficiency and effectiveness. Create defined proven standard test methodologies for existing and new technologies.
• CM feedback for direct reports
• Introduce process improvements within the area.
• Involvement in continuous improvement activity or other initiatives to improve business efficiency
Key Performance Indicators
• Lab facilities developed in line with strategic plan.
• Seek feedback from laboratory customers to ensure that all requirements are considered.
• Full project plans available for all capital items.
• Customer requests for equipment processed and timescales coordinated.
• Breakdowns responded to within agreed timescales.
• Test lab facility upgrade to plan.
Relationships & Contacts
Maintenance Engineers (Reports 2)
Reports to Laboratory Manager
Minimum HNC in engineering related discipline. Relevant experience in facilities project management or building services environment in a medium/large commercially focused engineering company.
Special focus on,
• Project management skills in a building services environment.
• Electrical controls and data acquisition.
• Experience of working in and appreciating an environment, which is focused on quality and customer satisfaction.
• Effective communication skills
• An ability to communicate complex technical matters to a non-technical audience.
• Good team working and team leading skills when working with other managers and to effectively manage own team.
• Open attitude to change and have sufficient energy and vision to enable achievement of targets when working within teams.
• Proven ability to lead in a dynamic, technical environment
• Financial Management
• Planned maintenance process knowledge.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge of:
• Plant refrigeration equipment
• Steam boilers and associated control systems
• Water hygiene / Legionella control experience
• City & Guilds qualification in Legionella Water Systems Management (BS23) is highly desirable although not essential as training can be provided for strong candidates
• Electrical control systems for building services – control panel fault finding
• Water delivery pumps and associated drive control
Why Work at Kohler Mira?
People have been turning to us for bathroom products for over 90 years, a responsibility we don’t take lightly. In all of the businesses that make up Kohler Mira we are committed to designing innovative products that bring beauty, comfort and safety to life. Because of this we understand that it takes investment in our people and their development in order to deliver on that commitment and so, we invest heavily in each individual’s personal development in a variety of ways.
In addition to the investment in personal development, Kohler Mira offers a competitive salary, numerous wellbeing benefits and a strong involvement in Corporate Social Responsibility.
In the UK, Kohler Mira Ltd. is made up of three market leading brands; Mira Showers, Rada Controls and Kohler Company. Where our brands differ in market position they are equal in quality, each living up to the Kohler Company mission to live on the leading edge of design and technology and provide a single level of quality regardless of price.
Learn more about us, our brands and career opportunities at www.kohlermira.co.uk.
It is Kohler Mira’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified associates in all job classifications without prejudice. If, as an individual with a disability, you require adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.