Role: Senior Programme Planner
Length of Contract: 6 Month
Pay rate: £450 - £500 per day
Randstad Sourceright are proud to be partnered with a leading telecoms business that pride themselves on offering their subscribers endless possibilities in technology and tailored services. Randstad Sourceright are one of the UKs leading recruiters and MSPs, with a portfolio that includes some the of the world’s largest and most recognisable brands.
Overview of the Project:
The goal of the project is to support the transformation management office to ensure appropriate level of planning is undertaken across the programme to the agreed standard and quality. Insights and progress against the programme plan must be tracked and reported so delivery performance can be measured. Any deviation or risk to the plan must be surfaced so the appropriate decisions can be made within the formal governance structures.
- Develop and maintain the planning policy’s, standards, processes and templates across the transformation programme.
- Work with the individual project teams and project managers across the programme to create quality project plans that conform to the defined standards. Where appropriate provide additional help and support to help achieve the quality expectations.
- Maintain a view of the programme critical path highlighting potential milestones that are at risk or may become at risk. Work with the planning manager and impacted project managers to come up with mitigating actions.
- Build up a catalogue of cross programme / project dependencies ensuring these are captured within the necessary project plans and reported against accordingly.
- Review programme milestone that need to change and ensure the change control process is followed to formalise changes.
- Partner with the planning manager to undertake scenario and what/if planning on those parts of the programme plans that become at risk.
To be considered
- Knowledge of portfolio and project management solutions
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Facilitation skills – ability to interact and engage effectively with the project/programme team and stakeholders to be able to capture timely and accurate data and information.
- PMO process analysis and improvement –must have the ability to identify ways of improving the PM framework and making it more efficient and effective as well as ensuring compliance to the PM framework processes.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail including ability to review analyse and manipulate data to produce quality management reports in simple and comprehensible form for non-technical audience.
- Managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
What you will get in return
- Market rate.
- Immediate start.
- Opportunity to partner with a global brand.
How to apply: To be considered for this role, send an up to date CV to Myles.Fox@randstadsourceright.co.uk. Alternatively, click “apply” to register your details and submit your application.