Build a Career at a Global Leader in Automotive Electronics.
In the role of Senior Program Manager you will act as the Lead of your programs, guiding global cross-functional teams from business award to end of production:
- The role is highly visible; you will support programs that are an important part of our growth strategy
- Programs involve cutting-edge technology in automotive cockpit electronics and products that make the first and biggest impact on consumers
- You'll share ideas and insights with experts in our organisation, at major automotive OEMs and major-name display technology providers
- We offer a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment in which strong performers can make their mark and progress their career
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you must have the right to work in the UK for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Program Manager opportunity, you will have:
- 5+ years of program management experience, preferably in the automotive industry, and ideally working with Jaguar Land Rover or Volvo
- A good understanding of automotive electronics business (or relevant businesses); top candidates also will have experience with:
◦Automotive infotainment products, including domain controllers, instrument clusters and audio products
- Negotiation skills
- The ability to:
◦Build and lead appropriately skilled teams
◦Prioritise your own and others' work under time and cost pressure (organisation and planning)
- Experience with project management concepts and principles
- Experience leading global teams to deliver programs
- Solid oral and written communication skills in multi-cultural environments
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or Business is strongly preferred
You also will need to be willing and able to travel frequently, both within the UK and internationally, to visit Visteon and customer engineering and manufacturing facilities.
You will lead a team of Program Managers in the UK. While each team member focuses on individual responsibilities, there is also a good deal of interaction and knowledge sharing.
As you might expect, programs can evolve and change over time. Whatever the program, you and your team will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of electronics projects to agreed targets in cost, quality and timing.
You will be responsible for leading strategy and escalation reviews with senior leaders relating to your projects, typically including Purchasing, Product Development, Manufacturing, Sales, Product Management as well as others. You'll be responsible for overall profit and loss for the program(s), and for ensuring team adherence to internal business operation and project system disciplines.
More specifically, you will:
- Assume overall responsibility of program(s) from award to production for program delivery, execution, and profitability
- Assume overall responsibility for current production programs for issue resolution, last time buys, engineering changes, etc.
- Manager cross-functional team escalations to achieve delivery and profitability
- Assume responsibility for program status communication internally to senior leadership and for senior customer engagements
- Attend onsite customer meetings
- Provide project leadership for electronics projects, ensuring the project team adheres to corporate processes and uses corporate tools
- Drive the team to achieve developed engineering and commercial targets
- Ensure Program Managers define and maintain overall work plan for each project based upon each functional activity detailed plan
- Manage project gate reviews with program managers, communicating project status vs. target (timing/cost/quality)
- Manage project risk with team through regular review of risk mitigation plans
- Ensure Program Managers define and execute profit improvement plans
- Drive the change management approval process internally and with the customer
- Support / develop new business opportunities with Sales team (as needed)
What's in It for You
- Flexible work
◦ We are committed to mutually agreeable work schedules that take into account the variability of project requirements and employees' own needs.
- Professional development
◦ Working at Visteon is not a destination, but a journey in which our employees can develop their strengths and advance their careers while helping a global, technology-focused company achieve its goals. We have a variety of programs to support employees' ongoing development. Visteon is dedicated to providing employees with regular feedback through check-in conversations at key stages of projects. Employees engage in regular discussions covering their performance, impact and development opportunities throughout the year, are rewarded for their commitment and results.
- Stability and growth
◦ We have a strong book of business that is expected to drive future growth, along with a customer base that includes almost every automotive manufacturer in the world.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
◦ At Visteon, employees are part of an international organisation and are often in daily contact with colleagues and customers all over the world. The nature of our organisation allows employees at all levels to deliver results that affect our business on a daily basis. Visteon offers competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that encourages employees to achieve their career goals. Benefits include but are not limited to:
◦ Company Car
◦ Health Insurance
◦ 26 days holiday entitlement
◦ Reimbursement for Professional membership fees
Keys to Success
This is a role for a professional with a strong sense of ownership and accountability as well as an entrepreneurial spirit. You'll need the interpersonal and leadership skills to drive cross-functional teams. You'll have authority as a program manager, but in general, you'll get better results through influence, motivation and collaboration. There will be times when you'll need to be assertive. You'll act as a "hub" of information for your programs, and you'll need to leverage your communication skills to keep everyone in the loop.
There will plenty of moving parts, the pace will be fast, and things can change on short notice. Not only will you need excellent organisational skills, but you'll also need the flexibility and adaptability to adjust as priorities shift. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Senior Program Manager, you will:
- Take a proactive approach to getting up to speed with our technologies and products quickly, and continue to expand your knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis
- Own and articulate the program big picture, but also pay attention to details
- Promote knowledge sharing between and among team members
- Combine analytical skills with creativity in solving problems
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve processes
Visteon is a global technology company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics and connected car solutions for the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is driving the smart, learning, digital cockpit of the future, to improve safety and the user experience. Visteon is a global leader in cockpit electronic products including digital instrument clusters, information displays, infotainment, head-up displays, telematics, SmartCore™ cockpit domain controllers, and the DriveCore™ autonomous driving platform. Visteon also delivers artificial intelligence-based technologies, connected car, cybersecurity, interior sensing, embedded multimedia and smartphone connectivity software solutions. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries. Visteon had sales of approximately $3 billion in 2018. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.