Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals.
Based in London, the firm services an international community of clients and provides advice in situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The work it undertakes is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Intellectual Property; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than 80% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway and converted to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm’s in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its active and innovative social impact strategy are reflected in its Investors in People Platinum standard award.
The team at Mishcon de Reya manage the full spectrum of contentious and non-contentious employment law. We work across complex, high profile and high stake situations, acting at the highest level for both Employers and Senior Executives.
Our litigious work often includes high profile discrimination and whistle blowing claims at Employment Tribunal, in addition to Appellate cases at the Employment Appeal Tribunal, High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. In addition to this, we work alongside our Corporate team to provide employment advice in relation to M&A deals, management buy-outs, joint ventures and new business start-ups; our Dispute Resolution team to provide advice on professional disciplinary issues, internal investigations and regulatory matters and our Private team to help entrepreneurs and owners of family enterprises.
While our clients span all sectors, we have a particular emphasis on financial services, fashion and retail, and the luxury and media sectors and have significant experience dealing with the complexities of LLPs, private equity and venture capital firms.
As a team we are recognised in the directories and are currently Tier 1 for both Senior Executives and Employers. We are proud to have won a number of awards in recent years, including most recently the Legal 500 Human Resources Team of the Year. As a Firm we have also featured in the Sunday Times "Top 100 Best Companies to work for" for the past eleven years.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our market leading Employment Department as a Senior Professional Support Lawyer. The role will involve managing the three-person Knowledge team in supporting our growing Employment team. Other key elements of the role will involve business development and using technology to deliver services to clients. This is a multi-faceted and strategic role.
It will involve the following:
• Coordinate implementation and communication of the department's KM with business development, and innovate and integrate a legal tech strategy, with help from others.
• Help bring efficiencies to the department's practice by developing the department's ability to service its clients efficiently and cost-effectively, utilising existing technology and/or proposing new technological solutions.
• Implementation of new technology and other initiatives relevant to both department fee earners and clients.
• Help develop a social media and communication strategy, draft and coordinate current awareness updates, client alerts and other publications.
• Implement current awareness and thought leadership initiatives as part of the business development agenda.
• Lead on innovative ways of using knowledge and technology to develop business and add value to key client relationships.
• Collect, draft, maintain and update the department's precedents and know how, including automatic document assembly.
• Monitor legal developments, and report to the team and clients as necessary.
• Help coordinate, design, prepare and capture client training (using online solutions where appropriate).
• Manage the department's KM pages on the Firm's intranet and other knowhow repositories.
• Work with risk and compliance to ensure department best practice.
• Respond to legal queries and carry out advanced research.
• Other general PSL duties.
• 6+ years PQE gained within private practice or an in-house environment.
• Previous experience as a PSL is preferred but not essential.
• Solid employment law experience.
• Real enthusiasm for and proven record of business development.
• Keen interest in and knowledge of technology and how technology can help support the way we deliver services to our clients.
No Agencies - applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.