Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza, Edinburgh are market leaders in the manufacture of liquid filled hard shell capsules and supply products for clinical and commercial applications. We require a permanent Production Senior Operator to drive the continued growth of our site in Livingston.
As part of the manufacturing team you will work in a fast paced production environment making pharmaceutical products that will deliver improved patient outcomes and fulfill unmet medical needs.
The new and exciting roles will support the continued expansion of our manufacturing facilities and are required to meet growing market demand and enable our customers to help their patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hard working people who are willing to learn new skills and have a positive, pro-active approach. Previous experience of pharmaceutical manufacture is not essential, but you must be prepared to work in a cleanroom environment and ensure compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) regulations at all times.
- Maintain Quality at all stages of manufacturing.
- Ensure that the cleanroom hygiene standards are maintained.
- Communicate to the Cleanroom Manager any machine or personnel issues which could have an impact on GMP or Safety
- Complete Batch record reviews when required.
- Participate in SOP reviews for equipment and processes
- Have good practical skills - to set-up, operate and strip down modern high speed production equipment
- Be flexible - to ensure production output and client demands
- Have integrity - to maintain compliance with GMP regulations
- Be reliable - able to make a positive contribution to the production team
- Be conscientious and have a good eye for detail - to conduct quality checks and ensure data is accurately recorded
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.