We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager (SPMM) with bags of potential and a great team spirit who will help us to bring King’s pipeline of new games to market through close collaboration with our studios.
If you have the ability and passion to shape new games in their early development and help build highly compelling new IP and marketing strategies, then this is the right job for you.
The new SPMM will work alongside a talented group of marketers whose responsibility it is to partner with internal and 3rd party studios as they move games from concept through prototype and into production before preparing for a worldwide launch. You will leverage our full resources to create the foundations of our future franchises and build a strong IP in preparation for launch.
The successful candidate will have a great passion for games and IP building and be able to think strategically as well as creatively. You will have the opportunity to challenge our hypotheses and our game features early in the development process and will influence what we bring to market and how. Strategic thinking and creative flair will be key as you leverage insights to define a compelling identity for our products and oversee the application of this across multiple customer touchpoints.
As part of the New Games Marketing Team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your capacity to get things done.
Responsibilities will include:
- Target audience profiling: You will help to define, profile and validate our addressable target audience and will work with internal partners to collate a robust insight pool that informs our marketing strategies and effects game decisions early in the production process.
- Brand Positioning: Developing brand positioning, including value proposition, tone, essence, logos and names with a considered approach founded on insight and intuition. You deeply understand the purpose and benefits of brand positioning, and will use this experience to develop brand IP books and ensure a consistent approach to branding and campaign execution across all touchpoints.
- Product Marketing: You will develop a deep understanding of marketable product features and will collaborate with peers across marketing to strategically test creative and improve the install funnel with a pipeline of paid marketing assets in the run up to a global release.
- Go to market strategy: You will help to recommend the optimum route to market for new games, offering innovative ideas as to how we will generate maximum noise with the right partners and channels.
- Campaign planning: You will partner with the MarComms team to create the marketing plans and activities required to further develop the game’s identity and performance post launch.
- Data Analytics: Partner with marketing analytics and performance marketing to evaluate strategy performance and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Developing stakeholder relationships with producers, game designers and art directors; you will be known by and be comfortable working with studio heads and be able to support them with great marketing insight from concept through to launch.
- Agency Management: Manage internal and external creative agencies and other 3rd party suppliers. You’ll be able to give insightful creative feedback to help improve the work.
We’d love to find someone with a great passion for building new IP in the digital environment. You’re fun and friendly, have a very positive outlook and are hungry and eager to learn from others.
A strong level of gaming experience, though not a pre-requisite, would be highly beneficial. An avid interest or passion for games is a minimum. The new games you’ll be marketing will sit both in the mid-core (e.g. Action, RPG, strategy) and casual (e.g. puzzle) categories. Mobile experience would be ideal but is not essential.
The role pulls together consumer insights and works with games teams to help shape the experiences we build in game, the brand identity we deliver and the go to market strategy. So it’s essential that you can hold your own with games developers both in internal studios and 3rd party developers. You will also need a solid foundation in strategic thinking and problem solving.
- We are looking for a candidate with relevant experience in brand marketing, product marketing or innovation roles and a good online/digital and creative background.
- A strategic mindset: seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- You will have a good grounding in online marketing techniques, PR and community and have a disciplined approach to IP development. You know what great marketing work looks like.
- Experience of developing new IP from scratch rather than adapting for local markets (global vs. local) and experience of major digital partners would be highly beneficial.
- You will put your consumer at the heart of everything you do: approaching all marketing projects with your audience in mind.
- You should have fabulous organizational and project planning skills as you will be managing multiple projects, liaising with internal and external partners, whilst ensuring timely and in-budget deliverables.
- Detail-oriented and hands-on, able to demonstrate experience in end-to-end delivery of projects from concept to execution and a willingness to get stuck in wherever needed.
- You will be able to handle data effectively and will have a robust understanding of marketing metrics.
- Experience of working in a matrix environment: you build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- The role is based in our lovely London office and will require some overseas travel, either to our offices in Barcelona and Stockholm or to visit 3rd party developers further afield for example in the USA.
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.