During life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
In Decision Analytics we unlock meaning within data to help clients solve problems and drive better decisions and outcomes; Is this customer who they claim to be? Can this person afford the loan they're asking for? Does this person qualify for a service we provide?
Organisations need to answer these sorts of questions hundreds, thousands, even millions of times a day. As well as answering them accurately and consistently, they need to answer them quickly because that's what their customers expect.
We help our clients do this - minimising the risk to their organisation while delivering the type of customer experience that people expect. We help them to lend effectively, to detect and minimise fraud and to comply with legal requirements. We help them identify new opportunities including more efficient ways to run their business and better ways to cross-sell their products.
We do this by combining our own data with data from our clients and third parties. We then use advanced technologies to organise and analyse this data, turning it into useful, meaningful information which our customers can act on. Our clients can make lending decisions on hundreds of millions of credit applications every year and can also avoid fraud by checking that applicants are who they say they are.
Background and Job Responsibilities:
Decision Analytics (DA) is a fast-growing business line, which in FY19 generated $728 million in annual revenue and contributed 15% towards overall Experian group revenue.
Decision Analytics is core to Experian's strategic plans and a critical element of its growth ambitions now and in the future. There is strategic ambition to grow the DA business to generate $1.9b in revenue annually - by 2024. This ambition is forecast to be realised through a combination of organic / selective inorganic, product line growth as well as productivity and structural growth opportunities.
Decision Analytics comprises three main product lines: Decisioning Software, Identity & Fraud, and Analytics and AI. This business line competes globally and occupies a market leading position in our main regions across a multitude of industry verticals - notably in financial services, telecommunications, utilities and public sector. Competitors include FICO, CRIF, Equifax, TransUnion, IBM, Pega, SAS and many smaller, niche providers.
This new Product Management role is a visible and critical one. The individual will be accountable for driving the strategy execution for self service for DA clients and will have key input to the product vision and planning.
Context & Focus:
The current Marketing & Strategy team has had a significant impact on the growth of the Global Decision Analytics business.
Looking ahead, Experian is making significant investments to accelerate innovation, transform customer experience and drive scale across the world - with emphasis on pivoting the business towards SaaS offerings and API-based software, data and analytics capabilities. A critical enabler is going to be Experian's ability to engage with its clients digitally. Our B2B clients need to submit requests, changes, report incidents, etc. but also want to be informed about the details of our data, platforms and products, be notified of upcoming changes or understand our roadmap, etc. The more we can share in user-friendly self-service, the better we can satisfy their needs rapidly and at scale, and drive client satisfaction.
As a result, we are looking for someone who can balance customer obsession and best practice with the art of possible from a delivery perspective. You will work closely with our product teams and regional teams across client support, sales and order to cash organisations to ensure you have a global perspective of the opportunity, and then work closely with our UX team and delivery teams across the organisation to ensure digital self service requirements are continuously prioritised and deliver value across the customer lifecycle.
As a Product Manager you will leverage your strong Business Acumen to research and track overall / relevant market trends and competitor activity and feed this back into product roadmap in order to generate competitive advantage and ensure close alignment with the overall market and technological direction.
Decision Analytics is transitioning to increasingly Agile methods of working and you will be expected to be a strong advocate for Agile practices, providing guidance and thought leadership to your team and stakeholders and encouraging and facilitating Agile working.
- Lead the design and implementation of our digital first service strategy and accelerate our self-service and digital contact channel ambitions.
- Identify, quantify and prioritise, through root cause analysis, the key contact drivers across all customer touch points.
- Through insight analysis, identify and promote improvements to the customer experience through product features, UX enhancements / content and the use of our service delivery platforms.
- Work closely and support other departments to drive continuous improvement in operational efficiencies and customer experience.
- Quantify and report on benefits and improvements delivered.
- Analysis of transactional inefficiencies and customer experience interactions to both reduce cost to serve and improve the client experience.
- Improved client experience across multiple touch points
- Reduction in inbound customer interactions on traditional channels
- Reduction in cost to serve
- Improved Customer Retention Rate and satisfaction
Candidate Profile - Skills, Attributes & Knowledge
- Passion for customers and improving the customer experience
- Able to clearly articulate the evolution of digital products and experiences through design thinking and user story mapping
- Proven experience in leading process, systems and/or digital transformations
- Domain knowledge of selling, onboarding, billing and/or contact centre support of clients in a B2B environment, preferably a FinTech subscription business
- Clear thinker and excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Able to create internal awareness around customer self-service and digital transformation, coupled with ability to roll up sleeves
- Able to synthesise information into clear plans (intellectual horsepower to assess operational issues and synthesise information at speed)
- Able to interface with technologists to explain and explore product concepts
- Good understanding and application of change management competencies
- Able to effectively challenge views and build consensus
- Self-motivated, organised, disciplined and structured
- Experience in B2B authenticated portals preferred
Candidate Profile - Industry & Domain Experience & Qualifications:
- Significant business experience, including several years relevant experience in digital product management
- Industry experience most likely obtained in Financial Information, Financial Services or Technology firm
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, religion, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.