A leading food consultancy have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Chemist Consultant to join its Product Development Division. You will be leading product and technology development and R&D focused engagements in either the Food and Beverage sector, or adjacent industries such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetic, personal care, home care or other FMCGs. You will be educated to degree level and have proven product development and project management experience.
The Product Development Division solves complex problems for the food and beverage industry combining world-class scientific and consultancy skills. We're seeking a skilled and dynamic Chemist Consultant to play a key role in the continued growth of our practice taking an active role in client development activities alongside project operation and leadership responsibilities. You will be joining a small but highly effective team of chemists, scientists and consultants to support client programmes and initiatives and make a significant contribution to our ambitious growth plans.
- Successfully run and deliver on client projects and programmes, optimally coordinating the team and resources
- Act as a domain expert
- Actively manage and mentor project team members, supporting their growth and development
- Play an active role in business development, engaging client development activities including proposal development, alongside thought-leadership and alongside wider marketing activities
- An Academic background in Chemistry, ideally with a PhD, in chemistry or related subject
- Proven project management skills with the ability to foster deep relationships both with colleagues, clients and stake-holders
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills, and ideally experience of working directly with customers either internal customers/stakeholders or external customers
- Exemplary written skills with the ability to create compelling and insightful
- A passion for innovation
- Proven experience in supporting product development in the food, beverage or FMCG industry
- Positive and proactive towards challenges
- A flexible approach to work; as you may occasionally be required to both travel and work outside of normal hours
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to work autonomously and independently as required
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a strong Pure Chemistry/ Formulation Chemistry background who is currently in a consultancy role or someone in industry who feels constrained by their environment and would welcome the challenge of working in consultancy and managing complex projects for external clients.
£55,000.00 - £70,000.00 per year