As the business is expanding rapidly, we are looking for a Senior Practice Accountant with strong practice experience to support our next growth phase. You'll report directly to the director and manage a portfolio of business clients.
Qualification: ACCA or ACA qualified / Associate Level
Experience: Minimum 5 years in practice
- Preparing/ finalising statutory accounts, sole traders and partnership accounts including management accounts to review by the director and providing general business advice to clients.
- Preparing / finalising personal tax returns, partnership tax returns and companies’ tax returns, income and expenditure accounts and rental accounts to review by director and providing general tax advice to clients.
- Completing vat returns for various clients.
- Online filing of IXBRL accounts, CT600, self-assessment tax returns for businesses with HMRC, confirmation of statements with Companies House and liaising HMRC and Companies House.
- Assisting partners in administering the practice in terms of dealing with clients’ queries, job planning and helping tax investigations.
- Develop, retain and motivate junior/semi senior members of staff (includes ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for appraisees)
- Be the final reviewer on most year-end and other compliance work and will have responsibilities for delivery and explaining the accounts to the client
- Oversee the work of various accounting team members involved in the direct production of accounts, VAT, etc. and act as a manager, reviewer and technical expert to their team, ensuring a quality service is delivered and clients’ needs are represented.
- Lead and manage the accountant department.
- Specific knowledge of VT, Xero, BTC
- A knowledge of Payroll, Moneysoft
- Fully ACCA or ACA qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years' experience in practice.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems, UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to both clients and colleagues
- A desire to embrace technological change
- In house training program at our National Training Academy and external trainers
- CPD and study support
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £39,999.00 /year