Senior Platform Engineer, Cloud Operations
Reach New Heights
As the leading cloud solutions provider, we’re on a mission to elevate technology and people so you can reach new heights.
Yes, you. Empowering people to keep growing, learning and succeeding is what we do for our customers and colleagues alike.
As a Cloudreacher you’ll belong to a diverse and dynamic growing global community, play an integral role in shaping an industry at the forefront of technological transformation, and receive constant opportunities to progress in your career.
We passionately believe that innovation is something that’s lived and breathed. Our culture isn’t a nice-to-have but key to who we are and what we can deliver. When we look ahead, we see a bright future.
You too? Let’s talk.
Which team will you be part of?
Cloud Operations are our team of multi-talented Engineers who support our customers’ cloud infrastructure as a service.
Our Platform Engineering team combines software and systems engineering to build and maintain fault-tolerant systems, ensuring that services handled by Cloudreach (both internal tools and customer infrastructure) have appropriate reliability and uptime.
Much of our Engineers’ software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. As the Platform Engineers are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, they use a breadth of tools and approaches - building our own creative engineering solutions to operations problems.
What will your role be?
The Senior Platform Engineer’s primary role is to provide technical leadership for tooling and automation in Cloud Operations, through problem investigation, solution evaluation, process and system changes, and coding. As well as being an escalation point for software challenges in the tooling space, they may be called on for advanced troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution in critical operational situations.
The Senior Platform Engineer will be responsible for:
- Effectiveness of tooling in meeting Cloud Operations delivery expectations
- Impact of automation on efficiency of Cloud Operations workflow & processes
- Ability to resolve technical and operational escalations
What are we looking for?
- Cloud - Understands the constraints and opportunities presented by cloud platform services, and how they fit into both operational delivery and customer solutions.
- Systems engineering track - machine fundamentals, operating systems, networking, distributed systems, scripting..
- Software engineering track - algorithms & data structures, languages, runtimes, coding, software system design, APIs.
- Scope - Works within the Cloud Ops Engine and more broadly with relevant teams, for example with CE, Software or IT.
- Delivery - Solves problems with wide-ranging scope which are often critical to Cloud Ops delivery.
- Autonomy - Independently makes good judgements and decisions even when data is ambiguous or incomplete, resolving complex issues by selecting appropriate methods or technologies in creative and effective ways.
- Collaboration - Enhances team effectiveness through questioning, supporting and coaching peers, including brokering pragmatic solutions when opinions differ. Has external contacts outside immediate specialism.
- Leadership - Take the lead on larger projects where outcomes typically defined, but approach undetermined.
- Incident management - Able to run large incidents and handle escalations.
- Customer focus - Leads customer discussions and resolves conflicts between customer and Cloudreach goals.
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting - Escalation point for intractable issues, especially in areas of specialism.
What you’ll get:
Becoming a Cloudreacher gives you much more than a job title. We reward your skills and expertise by delivering value back, through the Cloudy Deal:
- Compensation & Wellbeing: We base your total compensation on the skills, knowledge and behaviors you bring to Cloudreach and aspire to provide flexible benefits, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance that helps you thrive.
- High Impact: We want you to make a personal impact: delivering results that help grow the business and make a difference to our customers, your colleagues and your community. Job satisfaction at its best.
- Career Development: You'll find constant opportunities to take on new roles and grow with Cloudreach, as well as training, coaching, and continuous feedback to boost your expertise and give you career-enhancing skills.
- Culture & Engagement: We have a dynamic and inclusive working environment built for collaboration, flexibility, openness – and fun, with managers who listen, engage and empower your actions.
- Recharging your batteries: When you need time to recharge, our uncapped holiday allowance will do the trick.
- Feeding your mind: Expand your mind through our excellent learning platforms and become a fully-fledged Cloudreacher before you know it.
- Taking care of your body: We help take care of your body through our health and wellness programmes, and sustain you throughout the day with snacks and drinks from our well-stocked kitchens.
- Lifting your spirit: Our dynamic workspaces are designed to accommodate individual working styles, complete with pool tables and beanbags for more playful moments.
- Giving you flexibility: You’ll feel immediately plugged in with a Macbook and smartphone for the office and beyond, helping you work where and how you want.
- Connecting you: Our regular Cloudy Lunches bring everyone together to bond over a plate – or two – of free food.
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.