Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior PDMS Piping Designer for a 6 month contract based in our Aberdeen offices.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
- Supervision of Graduate Engineers. Provides input to the performance management of direct reports.
- Manage and supervise direct reports.
- Process Ownership:
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific Procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
- Subject Matter Expertise:
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution. Deputising for Principal as required.
- Executing assigned personal objectives.
- Interact with multi-discipline Engineering Teams.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
Skills / Qualifications
- HNC / HND or equivalent professional qualification with relevant considerable experience.
- Role-Specific Skills:
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context.
- Professional demeanor, interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate team working skills.
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.