Kier Corporate Functions - Shared Services HR is looking to recruit a Senior Pensions Administrator to work in our Pensions Administration Team, who will report to the Team Manager to ensure that day to day administrations duties and activities are managed within the agreed service level agreement.
They are the first point of contact for the team, providing guidance and support where required. Customer escalations and queries are also a key part of the role.
- To provide high quality pensions advice and transactional services on a breadth of pension’s issues via telephone and email, on a right first time basis.
- To develop and provide direction, support and guidance to members of the team.
- Use resources effectively and efficiently to meet goals, targets and service level agreements.
- Ensures all queries within the teams are tracked and monitored to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Processing all pensions’ data for the allocated payroll within the agreed timescales.
- Input permanent pensions data into the relevant payroll system via uploads were possible and manual input if needed
- Respond to complex pension queries in a timely manner.
- Produce various post pension reports from the company payroll system
- Run processes within systems, to ensure timely production of pension returns and payments to third party providers.
- Deputise for the team leader in their absence.
- Ensure compliance with statutory pensions regulations.
- Handles complex queries and client complaints on behalf of team members
- Train and develop new team members to ensure that they fully understand the correct ways of working
- Manage the Quality Checking and tracking process to ensure standards in accuracy are improved
- Support the demand of the telephony calls coming into the centre and ensure that abandon calls are kept to a minimum as specified in the performance targets of the team
- Build strong working relationships inside and outside of the team to provide support and maximise performance
- Drive up service standards and continuous improvements within the team
- Support the Pensions Team Leader with the day to day working relationships with the wider HR Teams, any third party providers and coordinate service delivery.
- Frequently identifies process improvements and highlights solutions to team leader.
- Identifies key issues and patterns and recommends potential solutions.
- Manages own time and that of others.
- Leads by example and is a role model for the team.
- Promotes team work.
- Motivates and coach the team.
- Seen as a trusted advisor.
- Be able to understand and explain every step of a process and the reasons why.
- Runs daily huddles for the team.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous Pensions Administration experience is essential, in both LGPS and DC schemes.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills both on the phone and in written form
- Ability to explain and analyse reports and data
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt style to the audience and is able to explain difficult information clearly
- Ability to communicate and gain credibility at all levels
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships across the HR function
- Professional, able to work under pressure, enthusiastic and committed to working within their team to effectively support the needs of the business
- Committed to continuous professional development
The HR Shared Service Centre operates between 08.00 and 18.00 between Monday and Friday. A 7.5 hour shift pattern is in operation between those hours.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.