Wood have identified a requirement for a contractor to provide Senior PDMS Piping Design services for a period of 6 months. This position will be based in our offices in Darlington and requires extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry along with extensive 3D experience using PDMS Software.
- Execute Plant Layout and Piping discipline design and draughting activities within budget and schedule
- Execute design and draughting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development (FEED) & Detailed Design)
- Prepare Plant Layout and Piping drawings and design deliverables to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel as required
Detailed Services to be provided
- Achieve safety standards as defined by Wood
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Standards and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required.
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Maintain good communication with the Client.
- Maintain discipline filing system.
- Experienced Designer with a sound technical background and strong knowledge of CAD design software - 2D AutoCAD and 3D PDMS software are essential
- Experience in the use of E3D software is desireable.
- ONC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject is essential
- HNC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject is desirable
- WIlling to be trained in Offshore Surveys
- Able to carry out site surveys in accordance to wood Health & Safety requirements
- Able to create base design drawings / models from agreed workscope
- Able to provide draughting checking function of others work
- Suitable and relevant experience working on Brownfield modification projects
- Computer literate (database / spreadsheets)
- Conversant with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation applicable to draughting function
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.