WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Job Description - Senior Oracle Applications Developer
The Senior Oracle Applications Developer’s role is to partner with customers, functional business analysts and other team members in driving appropriate design and implementation of technical solutions to meet desired business requirements. Design, develop, test, analyze, and maintain the Oracle E-Business Suite Applications within the application in support of the business function. The developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle in accordance with the business goals and organizational architectural standards.
Strategy & Planning
• Collaborate with business analysts, business users and other developers in conceptualization and development of new technical objects within the Oracle applications environment.
• Analyze and assess existing procedures to allow the application to respond to business changes.
• Evaluate requirements from functional specifications and create efficient technical designs.
• Analyze and plan Oracle release upgrades.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Develop complex technical objects in accordance with the technical development standards and best practices.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Create and resolve Service Requests in collaboration with Oracle Support.
• Provide generalized production technical support.
• Gather business requirements and recommend industry best practices and work with functional knowledge holders.
• Design, develop, deploy, test and maintain technical objects that exist in Oracle applications production environment, e.g., reports, interfaces, conversions and custom applications extensions.
• Create process flows, high level functional and detailed technical design specifications from business requirements.
• Provide customer support for business critical application problems and issues.
• Assist with testing and deployment of Release Update Pack and other module upgrades to keep application release level current.
• Proactively work through service requests with vendor support as needed.
• Coordinate work efforts with the DBA and middleware teams for application change controls and system performance issues.
• Provide support to System Administrators relating to custom responsibilities, security profiles, menus, and user account provisioning.
• Partner with business analysts and application super users to successfully complete projects.
• Assist with large scale projects may be required to contribute to efficiency, effectiveness and success of the work.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Train and share knowledge with development teams.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in multiple IT related positions of increasing responsibility
• Experience in multiple ERP application implementations and support efforts in positions of increasing responsibility
• Proven experience in 2 or more ERP modules including those in the Quote to Cash, Demand to Build, Procure to Pay, Accounting to Financial Reports or Warehouse Management.
• Proven development expertise and experience in the Oracle Database system including skills in Oracle SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, and Oracle SQL Loader.
• Must be well versed with data models and interfaces for applicable ERP modules.
• Knowledge and familiarity with the 2 or more of the following tools: Linux/Unix Shell Scripting, Oracle Workflow Builder, Oracle Approvals Management (AME), Oracle Forms (or other equivalent), Oracle Reports/Oracle BI Publisher (or other equivalent), Oracle Alerts, Oracle Application Framework, Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF), Java.
• Effective communicator in one or more European Languages.
• Conversational English required.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Reporting and Business Intelligence experience with Oracle Discoverer and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
• Experience with event-driven enterprise architecture with Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA).
• Experience with ETL/ELT development with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) or other packages.
• Expertise with database integrated development environments such as Quest TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, All Around Automations PL/SQL Developer.
• Experience in Java development.
• Experience in Enterprise Scheduling with BMC Control-M.
• Experience in working with version control and software configuration management tools including Subversion, CVS, HP Project and Portfolio Management (PPM).
• Oracle Certification.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a globally focused multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Who we are –
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.