Expro Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Operations Supervisor (Fluids) to join their UK operation based in Aberdeen. The successful candidate will ensure all Aberdeen based Sampling and Analysis operations & services are delivered to our clients in the UK Area in a professional, efficient, safe and cost effective manner, and to provide technical support and services for global sampling operations. There will also be a requirement to manage Expro-fluids Aberdeen workshop activities and sample management systems.
- To ensure that all Aberdeen based Sampling and Analysis Service activities are performed in a professional, efficient, safe and cost effective manner to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
- To Supervise workshop maintenance activities based on regional and global demand of sampling equipment and ensure that assets tracking database is kept up to date at all times.
- Monitor performance measures to ensure good performance is maintained and areas for improvement are identified.
- To assist in the formulation of the annual Aberdeen Sampling and Analysis budgets and to ensure the necessary resources are in place to achieve the budgeted work program.
- To maintain close liaison with Aberdeen Welltesting, Fluids Product Line Technical Centres, Aberdeen Workshops and Business Development regarding all project related activities, which also includes overseas personnel and equipment support for sampling services
- To identify and exploit any opportunity for expansion and development of Aberdeen based sampling and analysis business
- To maintain close liaison at all times with Clients or their representatives.
- To ensure that a high quality service is offered to our clients on all occasions.
- To interview and recruit operational and support personnel and to motivate, train and develop staff to maintain an effective workforce capable of meeting its objectives, without harm to personnel or the environment.
- To propose and justify the need for capital expenditure to support and expand the business.
- To keep under review and recommend organisational changes to optimise working practises and staff career development
- To maintain active participation in improving the quality and HSE management system and bring to the attention of senior management any HSE issues that requires their attention.
- To ensure that month end financial reports and operational statistics are delivered to the Area Manager.and product line management
- To supervise the preparation, coding and approval of the monthly invoices, ensuring accuracy is maintained at all times.
- To chair regular meetings to discuss operational issues and share updates on latest company policies, structure, future plans, technologies and safety related topics.
- Ensure that all incidents are properly recorded and reported and that an investigation is carried out to establish and rectify root causes.
- Take immediate and appropriate steps to investigate and rectify any risks to people or the environment arising from the work activity.
- To ensure that employees, contractors and visitors are aware of relevant HSE procedures
- Establishing that all equipment, plant and substances used are suitable for the task and are suitable for the task and are kept in good working condition; this includes the regular maintenance and servicing of equipment, this will be done in close liaison with the workshop who are responsible for all equipment maintenance activities. To set the sampling equipment maintenance standards for regional Fluids hubs
- To assist Regional Fluids Product Line managers to ensure that their sampling equipment requirements are met
Job Knowledge and Experience
- Background technical knowledge of all equipment/services.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Financial competence.
- Quality and safety systems competence..