Unit Manager - Senior Nurse
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Registered Nurse - Nights
Neville Court - welcomes newly qualified and experienced nurses
£16.39 per hour + a £1500 welcome bonus
Apply and interview now to start your new career in 2020, want an earlier start date? we have inductions running right up to 9th December.
As a Unit Manager with Exemplar Health Care, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
Our Mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
Neville Court, based in Barnsley is easy to commute to by car or public transport,
Neville Court is a 20 bed home for adults with mental health problems or complex behavioural issues. Normally our residents have often been placed within other settings which have been unable to meet their needs due to the level of behaviours they present. Along with diagnosis’ like Huntingtons, schizophrenia and Bi-Polar, some of our residents also have physical disabilities which require nursing care.
Neville Court is a self-sufficient home with a strong MDT in nursing, and access to NHS therapy where needed, along with the 20 beds in the home, we also have two more independent service users in one care flats.
As we are committed to providing the best care and support to all our Service Users, the average ratio of staff in this Home is 8 Support Workers to every Nurse, due to the level of one to one care our service users need.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
• £1500 Exemplar Welcome Reward*
• Free uniform
• Free car parking
• 28 days holiday
• Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
• RCNi CPD e-learning – offers support and training for revalidation*
• Paid enhanced DBS check
• Exemplar rewards – Including retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
• Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
• Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline and face to face counselling
• Free financial advice and assistance
• Access to NVQ level 5 in leadership to help develop your career.
What do we ask of you?
• You will be a registered nurse RMN, RNLD or RGN with Mental health and challenging behaviour experience and mindset.
• You will provide warmth, enthusiasm, and compassion when providing care to our service users.
• You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity to our service users.
• You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective teamwork as part of a multi-disciplined team.
• You’ll be up to date with current evidence-based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
For further details on the role please find attached our Job Description, call us on 01226 737470, or pop in for a chat.