When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Senior Merchandise Planner
Competitive salary and benefits.
Passionate about Buying & Merchandising?
Studio is one of the largest online value retailers in the UK. We offer a personal shopping service to 1.8 million customers each year online via our fantastic studio.co.uk and ace.co.uk websites and our catalogue. We are based in Clayton-le-Moors, Accrington with great motorway links across the North West of England.
About the Opportunity
At Studio Retail Limited we are constantly evolving & transforming. Because of our continual growth, we’re now recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Senior Merchandise Planner to join Buying & Merchandising team.
Reporting to the Head of Merchandising, the Senior Merchandise Planner will bring technical and commercial knowledge, experience and expertise of home and leisure categories.
As Senior Merchandise Planner, you will work closely with our team of Buyers to drive the commercial performance of the product ranges, maximising growth and opportunities and mitigating risks. In this leadership role, you’ll lead and mentor a talented and drive team of Merchandisers and Assistants.
This is a great opportunity to use your relevant product knowledge and expertise to deliver effective product management and help drive growth.
Who are we looking for?
This role will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership, developing and communicating the merchandising strategy and overall financial plan for the department and home and leisure categories. Delivering the agreed commercial performance – sales to margin.
- Safeguarding the commercial trading of the department and categories by providing accurate information, to make effective, home and leisure, buying decisions.
- Leading and managing a team, driving a culture of high performance. Identifying potential and supporting the team in their development.
- Leading the holistic stock management process across several home and leisure categories and ranges.
- Identifying, building and maintaining key internal and external stakeholder relationships to ensure the department has the right product, in the right place, at the right time.
You’ll need the following.
- Recent and demonstrable track record in leading and developing teams.
- Experience of working as a senior merchandiser within a home and leisure function.
- Recent and proven track record in developing commercially viable and value adding home and leisure strategies.
- Ability to translate complex data into meaningful recommendations and actions,
- Effective negotiating/influencing skills working with internal and external stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
- Data Savvy.
- Proven track record in developing people.
Studio is a growing business with commercially focused and dynamic Buying and Merchandising teams, continually evolving and transforming. Our colleagues love working here because of the great people and opportunities to develop. We have a fast-paced environment and our offices have a friendly and informal feel to them, no suits required to do a great job here!
We offer a great benefits package including free parking and would love to hear from you if you think you would love to work here. #loveyourjob #lovetrading #wedowow
Agencies need not apply
Competitive + Benefits