Primary Location: GBR-GL-London
Job: Mechanical Construction<
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced<
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2019
Unposting Date: Nov 11, 2019
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Specialist
At the end of April 2019 WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs’ Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create, Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full life cycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Reporting Manager Title: Mechanical Discipline Manager Eamp;C Services UK
Due to Worleys’ continued expansion in the Energy sector, we are looking for an experienced, degree-qualified mechanical engineer to join our team in Brentford London on a permanent staff basis for a Senior Mechanical Engineer – Packages position.
• Responsible for the design and specification for Package equipment to support project deliverables.
• Prepare data sheets and requisitions for the purchase of package equipment based upon Process data supplied by the project.
• Compliance with Client specifications and all regulatory requirement applicable for the project and location where equipment will be installed.
• Liaise with all related project disciplines to ensure package equipment specified complies with project and regulatory requirements
• Where required conduct or direct site surveys and plant visits to establish equipment and/or layout constraints in the existing facilities on brownfield sites that may influence the overall project design concept and be able to work with Process, Iamp;C and Piping layout engineers to recommend the most economical solutions
• Prepare and issue technical evaluations on technical content for package equipment to confirm compliance with project requirement and identify suppliers that are technically compliant.
• Where required prepare discipline construction scope of work for mechanical packages, testing procedures and methodologies and other necessary input into Construction reports
•Perform all work in line with Worleys’ processes and project specific procedures for mechanical engineering function.
•Be innovative in design work regarding minimization of cost while maintaining technical integrity.
Job Specific Knowledge:
• Specialist experience with the design and specification of Package Equipment, detailed knowledge on the Suppliers in the market with a good understanding on the design of pressure vessels / drums, column design (and internals), heat exchanger design, pumps and/or compressors
• Experience working in Concept / Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCm stages of a project.
Industry Specific Experience:
• Relevant experience in the engineering design and construction support of new projects and brownfield projects in the energy, refining, petrochemicals or chemicals industries.
•Candidate must have a broad knowledge and understanding on the requirements of national and international codes and standards
• BSc degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years engineering and design experience as a Mechanical Package Engineer. Potential candidates who can demonstrate a combination of appropriate engineering qualification and experience will also be considered for the position
•Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel,Teams and Access.
•Experience in the use of software packages such as HTRI, PVElite, STX, ACX and CFX would be an advantage
• Experience of other specialty design programs would be an advantage