Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Be able to carry out Fitness for service assessment to API 579 level 1, 2. Be able to propose the remedial plans, actions.
- Good knowledge of pressure vessel design codes such as ASME Sec. VIII div. I, PD 5500, TEMA.
- Good knowledge of flange joint assemblies, hub joints.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Equipment such as Flexible hoses, valves.
- Knowledge of repair methods for valves, damaged flange faces, pressure vessels and piping.
- Be able to act as a job responsible Mechanical Engineer for multiple projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Offshore trips will be required for this role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current legislations and applicable standards.
- Working knowledge of basic soft wares such as MS Office and Technical soft wares such as VVD, PV Elite.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.