The Munters Battery Centre of Excellence (CoE) is a European group of experts on battery production humidity solutions. With focus on Giga-Factory installations and large and international customers, the CoE is very motivated European team of specialists on Munters low dew point cutting edge technology. Battery production applications is one the pillars of Munters future strategy due to the exploding market on Lithium-ion batteries for hybrid & full electric vehicles.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you ensure maintaining high engineering standard, including design, application and product knowledge. Munters worldwide leadership in low dew point solutions is assured by continuous product and solution innovation. As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you need to assure this research of excellence is constantly achieved. In the role you provide high qualified engineering and commercial support to European sales managers and directly to key customers. The scientific approach and the ability to provide fast and technical valid responses are the essential skills required. In the context of sales activity the friendly and emphatic attitude can make the final difference.
As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you communicate directly with the customers, collect all necessary information and develop the design of Munters low dew point solution. You coordinate and initiate the activities of internal roles such as factory engineers, cost estimators, CAD engineers and buyers and external roles such as suppliers, sub-contractors and consultants. The duration of Giga-factory Battery design solution can take up to many months where the requirements can change many times. Organization, consistency, strong mathematical approach and perseveration are skills that make you successful in achieving the targets. The CoE Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is fully responsible to build the technical and commercial proposal making sure the internal quality procedures and standards are followed. The research for energy efficient solutions is one of the driver in this task and can make the difference against direct competitors.
The role is ideally suited for Engineers with mechanical or electrical or industrial master degree with verified experience in Dehumidification or in HVAC in general. The position can be based in one of our EMEA offices.
You will join a highly motived and young team, during your first months in the role you will work alongside the CoE current members and receive intense training in Munters products and solutions, working side by side with the design manager and senior designers. You will be supported by a designated mentor making sure the right skills and correct approach is developed.Key Duties & Responsibilities
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer your responsibilities and job mission will be
- Collate inquiry information from battery key customers, raise projects on CRM and produce quotations as required
- In reception of new inquiry develop the low dew point design solutions. Initiate correct European resources to achieve commercially convenient proposals for the customer. Assure high-quality response is provided in requested time-scale
- Discuss technical solutions with the team, factories and design experts and suppliers to make sure the solution proposed is feasible and commercially convenient
- Search for innovative and energy efficient solutions. Discuss with the customer alternatives ideas and how to get the best return of investment
- Make sure the solution development and design is strictly following ISO quality procedures as well as the Munters guidelines and standards
- Liaise with approved suppliers, contractors and consultants
- Develop and research new suppliers and subcontractors to explore new opportunity and to be competitive in all different markets in Europe
- Provide technical support to customers and organise training and seminar for our key accounts. Organise regular visit to clients and project across Europe.
- Pre-evaluate terms and conditions of sale and contracts, plus technical aspect of orders received
- Assist R&D and marketing in conducting market research, regional marketing and technical content for marketing purposes (including presentations, literature and PR)
- Work with internal teams to communicate industry trends and legislation changes that could impact Munters
- Assist forecasting activities and month end reporting
- Help to coordinate inquiries and workload across the team members
- Master degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial Engineer or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of HVAC Design with focus on Air-Conditioning and Humidity related problems
- Minimum 5 years experience in HVAC industry
- Application software: Office 365 package, Acrobat suite, AutoCAD, Salesforce
- Awareness of CRM System
- Knowledge on PLC and BMS controls
- Dynamic and can do attitude
- Excellent English skills, written & spoken
- Good French skills, written & spoken required
- Mathematics and Physics problem solving attitude
- Communication and organization
- Team Player
- Calm and patient