When most people think of Fender® guitars and amplifiers, they think of our rich history and legacy, after all the Spirit of Rock & Roll is our company motto. For us at Fender® it’s all about the future. We need to work hard today to MAKE HISTORY tomorrow.
As the world's leading guitar manufacturer, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation "FMIC" has become synonymous with all things rock 'n' roll. Our iconic instruments such as the Telecaster, Stratocaster, Precision Bass & Jazz Bass guitars are known worldwide as the instruments that started the rock revolution and they continue to be highly prized by today.
It is our vision to continue championing THE SPIRIT OF ROCK-N-ROLL® throughout the world and our mission is to exceed the expectations of music enthusiasts worldwide.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME PART OF OUR FUTURE LEGACY?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented individual to join one of the world’s greatest music brands as a Senior Marketing Operations Manager based at our EMEA HQ in East Grinstead, UK.
In the role of Senior Marketing Operations Manager, you will be responsible for be responsible for defining and driving the strategic direction of Fender’s marketing operations in the EMEA region, including the retail marketing function and the full event programme. As the principal consumer touchpoints for Fender, retail and events are a critical part of Fender’s success so the Senior Marketing Operations Manager will be instrumental in building real-world consumer engagement and supporting an effective path to purchase for Fender products.
To be successful in this role you will be a Marketing professional with extensive experience within a trade marketing environment. You will have excellent communication skills with ideally experience in a role that covers the EMEA region.
The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Be the voice of trade marketing for the EMEA region in the Fender global organisation, ensuring that EMEA market needs are clearly communicated to the planning & asset teams.
- Work with the global marketing team based in the US to understand the Fender global retail vision, and the EMEA retail team to establish how it can be translated into a strategy that works for local markets.
- Take the lead in the development and execution of Fender’s in-store & online retail support & visual merchandising strategy in the EMEA region.
- Work with key retailers to develop co-operative marketing plans that support and complement Fender’s owned campaigns and initiatives both online and offline
- Partner with the Fender sales team to take a strategic account management approach with Fender’s top retail partners and drive the Exceptional Presentation programme, ensuring that the Sales Development Fund is deployed in support of Fender’s marketing priorities and strategic objectives.
- Oversee the roll-out of Fender Fixture Programme (shop-in-shop) installations across EMEA, taking full accountability for impact measurement and evaluation of the programme.
- Prioritise new product launches and work with internal and external stakeholder to ensure that these are executed flawlessly across EMEA retail & event activations.
- Execute global promotions and activations in the EMEA region in partnership with relevant functional groups within the wider marketing team.
- Work with the Event Manager to develop and execute the strategy for consumer, retail & internal Fender events for the EMEA region and ensure that they are resourced, delivered and reported appropriately.
- Management of the annual retail marketing & event budgets, including full accountability for all reporting and ROI analysis.
- Take full responsibility for the sample management programme for the EMEA region, including the procurement of new product samples ahead of their launch and the artist
- Supervision of the Event Manager, Retail Marketing Specialist & Retail Marketing Coordinator, ensure that they are motivated and engaged, and delivering against the key objectives of the Marketing Operations function.
- Work closely with the other marketing functions (PR, Media, Artist Relations and Creative) to ensure that the trade marketing strategy supports – and is supported by – the wider Fender marketing plan.
- This role will require regular travel throughout EMEA and occasional travel to the USA.
This is an indication of the main responsibilities of the role and the Company reserve the right to amend the content of the role at its discretion.
- Proven experience driving strategy within a trade marketing environment (10+ years)
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Good understanding of the EMEA retail market (experience of the MI market a plus)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Good organisation and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Good leadership skills and team management experience
- Excellent budget management & negotiation skills
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Deadline-driven & results focused
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships internally and externally
- Self motivated with a can-do attitude and positive outlook
Desirable Skills/ Experience
- Experience of shopper marketing
- An understanding of the EMEA Music Industry
- An understanding of the EMEA Musical Instrument Industry
- Knowledge of Fender brands