|Job Title||Senior Marketing Manager - National Martkets (6 month FTC)|
|Function||KPMG Business Services|
|Service Line||Market Development|
|Service Line Information|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Please note this role is offered on a 6 month Fixed Term contract basis and can be based in either Manchester or Leeds.
KPMG goes to market via three market coverage groups across the UK; Financial Services, Corporates and National Markets and delivers services and solutions across four key capabilities: Audit, Tax, Consulting and Deal Advisory. Our operating model is capability managed and coverage informed.
The National Markets (NM) business is made up of 5 regional segments (Scotland, North, Midlands, South and London), and an additional segment of Infrastructure, Government & Health.
In National Markets KPMG provides services right across the marketplace, from middle market to private individuals – with target buyers ranging from Managing Directors, Heads of Departments, CFOs and FDs through to the Pensions Function, Chief Information Officers and HR Directors.
The North Region covers four offices including Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield.
Our market proposition is issues-led as we seek to provide our clients with insight around major issues affecting their businesses and the support to solve them. Marketing’s role in this proposition development is vital – instigating and managing end-to-end marketing programmes that begin with brand building around these issues in the media and digital space right through to developing content for relationship building in the boardroom which result in generating profitable revenue.
You will be responsible for overseeing the marketing plan for the North Region, including both deployment of the national programmes and local activation activity designed specifically to support the North market. A strong knowledge of professional services and is essential to ensure that you quickly gain credibility with Regional Chair and Office Senior Partners and you must be able not only to listen and influence their needs, but also to help develop their thinking into effective sales and marketing programmes.
The NM marketing strategy is comprised of audience-based programme strands that deliver to our core target audiences across the UK.
Key functional aims of this role:
- Sitting on the NM Marketing management team you will work with your counterparts across the regions to drive the national NM marketing strategy
- Reporting to the Head of Marketing for NM regularly and/or as the situation demands
- Interfacing with the North Regional Chair on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for line-management of two direct reports in the North marketing team, including personal development, conflict resolution and communication with fee-earners.
Reports and Accountability:
This role has a hard-line report to the Head of Marketing for NM.
You will be expected to work autonomously within the firm’s overall marketing priorities and direct support from your team in your region.
Core technical competencies:
You will become an expert on KPMG brand and value proposition development, demonstrating ideas for advancing the brand, leading workshop sessions with the business and educating junior team and other KPMG people.
You will be an expert on marcomms, setting strategy across the business (relationship development programmes, sectors and service lines), engaging with the business and BD to ensure key messages and client issues are effectively presented. You will be adept at managing and translating complex issues for diverse audiences and will educate junior team and other KPMG people.
You will be able to develop, enhance and execute relationship-building and revenue-generating programmes, acting within the strategic aims of the business to deepen and extend client relationships.
You will use your deep understanding of business trends and issues to develop strategies which make a positive impact in our priority markets and add value to the business. You will identify and instigate third-party affiliations to ensure KPMG is partner of choice.
Core behavioural competencies:
- You will have a strong understanding of the commercial drivers for the business and be adept at using data and applying new methodologies, tools and technologies to develop and communicate insights.
- You will be a good, intuitive coach, able to adapt your technique and use objective feedback to enable others to stretch and develop.
- You will be an innovative and creative verbal and written communicator, able to present well to audiences of any size and to encourage others to share information and ideas in a group setting.
- You will be a motivating leader, creating a team environment that constantly reinforces KPMG’s values, focusing team members on a positive path and developing and managing strategies for deepening the impact of positive change.
- You will be a consummate relationship-builder, creating useful networks internally and externally, and serving as an advisor and arbitrator for escalated conflicts or unresolved issues.
- You will be able to create teams with a strong sense of shared purpose and goals, building collaboration across project teams, service lines and segments.
- BA university degree or equivalent
- Professional marketing qualification (CIM)
- Proven track record within the professional services industry
- Demonstrable experience in all key functional areas
- Must be able to respond to all Core Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Highly proficient in all MS Office packages and knowledge of CRM systems
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
|Applying with a Disability||As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy