Head of MAF Scotland
Glasgow (Though flexibility for work and travel will be required)
£40,000 per annum (pro-rata for part time)
Full Time or Part Time
MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship) is a dynamic Christian aviation charity, operating 130 light aircraft in around 25 developing countries. Soaring over deserts, jungles and mountains, we bring help to some of the most isolated communities on earth. In the UK, MAF is a registered charity funded by voluntary donations which help finance the work of MAF worldwide.
The Head of MAF Scotland Role
To provide strategic leadership of the work of MAF UK in Scotland. This will include the ongoing delivery of the national strategy to raise the awareness and profile of MAF UK in Scotland in order to increase prayer support, recruitment and donated income.
• Delivery of the national strategy in Scotland to engage supporters, churches and key contacts in order to increase prayer support, overseas recruitment and donated income. This will include evaluating its effectiveness and updating and developing it accordingly.
• Develop, maintain and grow relationships with key groups such as senior church leaders, INGO’s, Scottish Government, Charities, and other contacts able to act in an advisory or ambassadorial manner.
• Lead the team of staff and volunteers in order to provide a high-quality service to supporters, Church and other organisations, that embrace the values and beliefs of MAF.
• Overseeing the implementation of the UK Church Engagement Strategy as the foundation for the growth of Church partnerships.
• Work in conjunction with the Head of Fundraising and the Head of Communications and Branding to deliver an integrated communications and Fundraising programme.
• Represent MAF Scotland through various speaking engagements at key events.
• Work with the Volunteer Manager to oversee the growth and quality of the MAF volunteer organisation in Scotland.
• To work collaboratively and harmoniously with all other MAF UK teams helping processes and procedures to work efficiently and effectively.
• Negotiate, prepare and manage the department budget to ensure efficient use of resources.
• Work with the Major Donor Team to develop opportunities with High Net Worth Individuals and Trusts.
Requirements for the Head of MAF Scotland Role
The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator and influencer, passionate about the work of MAF with a strong ability to plan, organise and prioritise projects or events as well as implement and grow mission partnerships with Scottish Churches.
This role will include talking about MAF in churches and meetings, attending and supervising volunteers at some of the key Christian events and conferences in Scotland, a driving licence and some work outside of normal office hours will be required.
There is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian. Additional information is available on request.
Closing Date: Wednesday 16th January 2019
If you feel you are suitable for our Head of MAF Scotland position, please apply now.
Head of MAF Scotland, Senior Manager, Fundraising, Strategic Leadership, Strategy.