Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip is looking for a Senior Management Accountant to provide finance support to the existing UK Finance team by provision of financial reporting in order to satisfy internal and external requirements.
- Preparation of management accounts for a number of European subsidiaries, including balance sheet and profit and loss, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Responsible for local statutory filing and working with external tax advisors
- Responsible for completing corporation tax returns
- Responsible for carrying out intercompany reconciliations
- Responsible for budgeting and preparation using TM1 Software
- Maintenance of cash book and completion of month end journals
Qualifications, knowledge, experience and education required to perform the essential functions
Must be recently qualified or passed finalist - CIMA or ACCA
Familiarity with accounting processes and current accounting standards
Good knowledge of Microsoft office packages including a high level of Excel knowledge.
Excellent communication skills.
Willingness to travel occasionally to Europe, and possibly US.
Foreign language skills would be advantageous.
Some US GAAP experience an advantage